Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 1:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baseball and Football
Baseball and Football
Greetings,

is it possible to dislike baseball and football and be an American?
RE: Baseball and Football
(September 22, 2016 at 11:47 am)mcolafson Wrote: Greetings,

Yes, but you get invited to fewer barbeques.

No. FEMA will be along shortly to take you in for reeducation.
(September 22, 2016 at 11:53 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:

No.  FEMA will be along shortly to take you in for reeducation.

You keep talking so loosely about our FEMA reeducation camps and you may well find yourself in one of them.

This is the only warning you will receive.
I don't go out of my way to watch either. I do watch soccer, and to that end, mostly American soccer. I want our country and our leagues to do well. We play the game a lot here, but don't have as rich a tradition of leagues.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
No, it's a natural law of the universe. As a kurd, if I don't eat dolma at least once every month I will disintegrate and disappear without a trace. As an American, you will be reincarnated as Trump.
I don't watch football.  Mainly it is because of the owners being crooks and the players acting like retards after every play.

Baseball is the ideal computer backdrop.... I can look up when the announcer says "here's the pitch..." and otherwise go back to doing what I was doing.
If you are a true American you cannot do both. You must pick one or the other! :-)
There is only one type of football; association football. Show me any player who can play football like this guy:

"El Pulga!!"

Basically, he is the only footballer in the world who has players around him all time and it is like flies on shit.

I'm not an American and I love both.

I also don't understand how you can possibly dislike either. They are both awesome sports.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Qatar Football (Soccer) World Cup 2022 Jack8 72 5277 December 20, 2022 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  English Premier League Football (Soccer) Jack8 10 494 November 19, 2022 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: Jack8
  Stupid Football Foxaèr 17 2067 January 27, 2016 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Reminds Me of Little League Baseball Minimalist 0 572 June 23, 2013 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Freestyle football from the UK Soyouz 1 962 October 27, 2011 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused