Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Procrastination
Procrastination
It is conventional wisdom that procrastination is a bad habit. But the question is, is procrastination always a bad thing? Is there really such a thing as good procrastination?

As should be evident already, sometimes the best ideas come to us after some procrastination. Many artists and writers have often started a project, but at one point they just stopped working on the project (because of laziness, lack of ideas, difficulty of the project, lack of motivation, or whatever the reason), only to start once again after being inspired by some new idea which they didn't even expect coming. Of course, this is not advisable if you have very short deadlines. But when there isn't much of a time pressure to finish something, then it may not be bad thing to procrastinate - that is, as long as you are determined to come back to what you started working on. It can help your brain to incubate old ideas and eventually come up with better and more creative ideas.

http://www.techinsider.io/adam-grant-ted...ive-2016-4

Oh, and I was procrastinating about making this thread, but better late than never. Tongue
RE: Procrastination
I'll answer later.

For me, procrastination is mostly about putting things off until the very last minute. That doesn't have anything to do with incubation of ideas or whatnot, it's just me indulging my need for gratification in the "now."
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I'll have to masturbate over this one.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(September 23, 2016 at 4:26 pm)Rayaan Wrote: It is conventional wisdom that procrastination is a bad habit. But the question is, is procrastination always a bad thing? Is there really such a thing as good procrastination?

As should be evident already, sometimes the best ideas come to us after some procrastination. Many artists and writers have often started a project, but at one point they just stopped working on the project (because of laziness, lack of ideas, difficulty of the project, lack of motivation, or whatever the reason), only to start once again after being inspired by some new idea which they didn't even expect coming. Of course, this is not advisable if you have very short deadlines. But when there isn't much of a time pressure to finish something, then it may not be bad thing to procrastinate - that is, as long as you are determined to come back to what you started working on. It can help your brain to incubate old ideas and eventually come up with better and more creative ideas.

http://www.techinsider.io/adam-grant-ted...ive-2016-4

Oh, and I was procrastinating about making this thread, but better late than never. Tongue

I'd say if said procrastination stems from somebody stepping back and rethinking what's ahead, it may be a good thing.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
If I'd had more time, this post would be shorter.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
Sometimes, procrastination can be a good thing, but for me...it stems from becoming distracted too easily. I wish I could break that habit. A lot of things compete for our attention and that is my excuse anyway, for why I'm a bit of a procrastinator. Blush
I find procrastination often occurs when I have uncertainty about how to deal with something, and am not satisfied with the initial plan. Sometimes by stalling I come across a better way to do something, and at that point the procrastination just evaporates.
Pressure can often be good for the mind, I did my best work in high school when I had limited time. I remember when I was in tenth grade I had report due for world war two due in two days, I had not started it. My teacher told us that it had be 12 page minimum. I gave him about 65 pages, I worked for hours and hours on it. I got an A and a annoyed look on his face.
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

I still don't think the time is right to reply to this
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it.