Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golfer Arnold Palmer dies at 87.
Golfer Arnold Palmer dies at 87.
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/09/2...rgh-at-87/
The Latrobe native is regarded as one of the greatest players in professional golf history and began playing at the age of 3.

Palmer’s flair for the dramatic introduced the elitist world of golf to a blue collar audience. With a wagonload of trophies, he now receives an honor like no other.

He won the WPIAL and PIAA individual titles as a junior and senior at Latrobe High School in 1946-47. Palmer won seven majors, played The Masters for 50 straight years, co-founded the Golf Channel and was IMG’s first client.

Palmer drew thousands of fans to the game of golf in the 50s and 60s, as his rabid fan base earned the moniker “Arnie’s Army.”

He was awarded the Congressional Gold Medal in 2012.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: Golfer Arnold Palmer dies at 87.
Salute !

he clearly enjoyed doing what he did.

A great example for the rest of us
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Sad

I enjoy his iced tea
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
Never got into the sport, never liked the sport. But when you get to that level in any sport and gain the fame he did, you give credit. Just like soccer and tennis and basketball and baseball and NFL. I'd only take issue with some comments that he is what we should aspire to be. No, it isn't his success, nobody should begrudge that. But for every Arnold Palmer or Walter Peyton or Joe Montana, or Steffy Graff or Micheal Jordan for all those who reach that apex, there are far more who don't.
That's well said. He golfed. That was his jam. And he excelled. I wish I excelled. 

I do like the architecture of golf, but that's not enough to really follow. Occasionally I'll watch for a few minutes at a time.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan