Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 4:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gpd xd
Gpd xd
I've been looking for a hand held console that emulates ps1 games.

I seem to have found this console that's like my dream come true. Anyone know anything about this thing it's called the gpd xd console.

I'm at work so I have limited internet access time, I'm sure I'll discover all the ins and outs of this product eventually but just wondered if anyone on here had heard of it and what it's like.

Apparently it can emulate ps1 games and n64 games and you use something called epsx app.

I'm feeling pretty old these days and out of touch with new technology. I've watched reviews of the product and the games but I'm still left thinking ok, but what the fuck is this thing?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Gpd xd
Seems to literally be a smartphone geared entirely towards game emulation, with a console control system built around it. Simple as that really. Isn't technology today amazing? Big Grin
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(September 28, 2016 at 8:43 pm)Iroscato Wrote: Seems to literally be a smartphone geared entirely towards game emulation, with a console control system built around it. Simple as that really. Isn't technology today amazing? Big Grin

Well thanks for looking into it.

It looks good to me.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Well I bought one, so I'll let you all know if this dodgy looking Chinese technology is any good once I've tried it out.

Good luck sucker Paul! Big Grin

I'm considering getting for myself if you give it a glowing review...

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
I like the JXD myself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4THH97uR-cg

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCTsO7DDKh4

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Ohhh...hello there.

From the reviews I've seen these two things are often compared but the gpd xd got superior reviews.

I got it and all I'm willing to say is that it is amazing.  If you like retro games then buy it, simple as that.

It came in a really funny typical asian style package though.  The dodgy translation on the box says "Smile and the world smiles with him, Laugh and the world fears him."  With a picture of a seeminly naked cartoon character laughing. No idea what the fuck any of that means but I love it.