Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 5:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Convertible laptops with Wacom digitizer?
Convertible laptops with Wacom digitizer?
I have a Lenovo X220tablet, and after 5 years, it's time for something new with better resolution. I want something lightweight which works as a fully featured business notebook with a good keyboard, but I want a proper Wacom digitizer again as the X220 has it. I'm apparently too stupid to figure out which current Lenovo models have that, if any. Does anyone here have an idea? Should cost less than 2k€
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

RE: Convertible laptops with Wacom digitizer?
I believe the X1 Yoga does what I want
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

I think I'll go for the Thinkpad 260 Yoga. The X1 is very expensive and has short battery life, and I'd appreciate the portability of the 12 inch 260, easy to take to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsaRv8g8zFQ

I'm necroing myself for an update, bc. it seems more reasonable than creating the same thread again.

So, I ordered a neatly configured version of the Yoga 260 with an i7 and 512GB SSD as my main workhorse, I'm excited how that'll work out. I'm now wondering which linux to install next to win 10.

Mint cinnamon.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(February 5, 2017 at 3:13 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Mint cinnamon.

I've been using Ubuntu for years now, and my impression is that it is going to shit more and more each time. Installing the latest on my dad's desktop pc is a continuing nightmare. Now, mint is ubuntu based, but better?

Much much better. And most important---not Unity.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(February 5, 2017 at 3:32 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Much much better. And most important---not Unity.

Yes, that's about 50% of my objections gone. What are they thinking?

(February 5, 2017 at 3:39 am)Alex K Wrote:
(February 5, 2017 at 3:32 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Much much better. And most important---not Unity.

Yes, that's about 50% of my objections gone. What are they thinking?
They were trying to create their own OSX launchpad, I think. Linux is in such a shitty position of trying to be as non-technical and GUI based as possible while not alienating the people who will actually install it and are trying to escape the often nutty mindlessness of Windows and OSX.

Linux as a backend is without equal... As a front end for modern desktop users, it will always be a Frankenstein ... and function as such.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Of laptops and power cords...... Brian37 59 3557 April 16, 2022 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Back Vs Messeger bags for laptops Sterben 7 798 February 3, 2016 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Sterben