Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
christian school project
Lightbulb 
christian school project
This is for a school project to post a christian post on an atheist site and answer questions or reply to comments. Please be mature and give feedback. Heart

Q: If God is a God of love, why would he create humans knowing the mass majority would end up in hell?

A: God is indeed a God of love. He loves all of his creations yet holds humanity among his favourite and loves them more than the others. First and foremost he created us with the gift of freewill. He gave us a perfect earth with no death or sickness. It was all just sex, good food, beautiful views, and tame animals. God had a very personal relationship with Adam and Eve. He didn’t force them into loving him back. He gave them an escape button. They took it. He is always chasing after our hearts and only wants us to chase after his heart.  His love is not forced and he gives us an option. Think of it as you have 5 children. Three of them will end up addicted to drugs and being thrown into prison for stealing and murder. The other two will solve world hunger, cure cancer, and lead the nations with strong morality. You have a choice to kill them all or raise them all. God chooses to raise them all up with the same amount of love and chances to love him back. Only two choose to love him back and let him pure his knowledge and supernatural love into and the other two rejected him yet he was still with them even if they couldn’t see.
RE: christian school project
Shockingly, I'm skeptical.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Hi Lighthouse. You should introduce yourself in the introduction section of the forum.

As for the question, I have no reason to believe that the god described in the bible is a god of love, if he even exists. He seems pretty terrible to me. Have you read the rest of the bible besides the parts you've mentioned here?
I don't believe you. Get over it.
(October 3, 2016 at 3:26 pm)Jesster Wrote: Hi Lighthouse. You should introduce yourself in the introduction section of the forum.

As for the question, I have no reason to believe that the god described in the bible is a god of love, if he even exists. He seems pretty terrible to me. Have you read the rest of the bible besides the parts you've mentioned here?

Hi. I have read the rest and I find a lot of it to be mis understood and misread by non believers.
(October 3, 2016 at 3:29 pm)lighthouse Wrote:
(October 3, 2016 at 3:26 pm)Jesster Wrote: Hi Lighthouse. You should introduce yourself in the introduction section of the forum.

Hi. I have read the rest and I find a lot of it to be mis understood and misread by non believers.

Have I misunderstood Deuteronomy 20:10-15?

Quote:10 When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it, then proclaim peace unto it.

11 And it shall be, if it make thee answer of peace, and open unto thee, then it shall be, that all the people that is found therein shall be tributaries unto thee, and they shall serve thee.

12 And if it will make no peace with thee, but will make war against thee, then thou shalt besiege it:

13 And when the Lord thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:

14 But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the Lord thy God hath given thee.

15 Thus shalt thou do unto all the cities which are very far off from thee, which are not of the cities of these nations.

I could post the NIV translation if you prefer. It doesn't make any improvements. If that one doesn't bother you, I could dig into the book a bit more. That's just the first thing I came across today.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
In order for me to correct your misunderstanding or to even acknowledge it, I have to see your take on the passage. My take on it however, is that after the fall of man war was a way of life. It was how you kept your people alive and grew your empire. Game of Thrones in real life. None of the other nations offered peace nor mercy and the fact that Jews did that was very different. Now if peace was not accepted then killing anyone able to fight back and keeping the ones unable alive was the logical and moral way of doing war. And if peace was kept, maintaining the idea of supremacy over the people was a way to keep them from rebelling. Jews also treated their servants well unlike how the Egyptians treated them lol.
http://atheistforums.org/forum-11.html
Our feedback to what, I see a question and it's answer. What is it that you're here to get, specifically? What are you supposed to supply for this project, what is our contribution in that supposed to be?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 3, 2016 at 3:49 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Our feedback to what, I see a question and it's answer.  What is it that you're here to get, specifically?  What are you supposed to supply for this project, what is our contribution in that supposed to be?

questions or comments on what you think about the question or answer
I see a really terrible analogy in the provided answer.

If I squint, I also see a duck.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What they don't teach you in Sunday School LinuxGal 19 1163 September 25, 2023 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Pope Francis apologises for Canada residential school harms zebo-the-fat 10 1278 April 5, 2022 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 87848 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  This Is Stupid Even For A Catholic School BrianSoddingBoru4 16 2176 September 5, 2019 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Fundy home school - 13 kids rescued drfuzzy 2 964 January 16, 2018 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 3313 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The church in my school yard Der/die AtheistIn 12 1964 August 25, 2017 at 5:07 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Christian Teacher writes letter to school newspaper saying "Gays deserve to die" Divinity 68 18417 May 23, 2017 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  School Indoctrination zebo-the-fat 4 1311 September 7, 2016 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  working on a project loganonekenobi 15 2213 April 1, 2016 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: loganonekenobi