Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Today is Chapter One of my new life
Today is Chapter One of my new life
So I have had a few threads on here and I feel like a lot of you helped me and a lot of you intrigued me. But just the other night I officially ended it with my wife. Today my new life starts. I know that I'll have a few regrets and I'll wish that some things could change. The hardest part is that I still love my wife

But I know it can't work. I respect her and want her to live a good and happy life. But I have to move on. I would rather regret making this decision than never making it. There are people that I'll miss from my old life. Friends that were one of kind, and crushes that I should have not thought about too much Wink I'll miss the community but not the restrictions...

I am not calling myself an atheist yet. I am pretty sure there is no god but I'm holding out hope. I would love to see my mom again and this earth being a paradise but I understand that hope doesn't equal evidence. Sorry Rudy Guliani, Trump isn't going to win.

So I might get on here once in a while. It seems like Tonus isn't very active so maybe I'll be the token ex-jw. Thanks guys for the support. And Rhythm... I hate you but we're still going fishing right?
RE: Today is Chapter One of my new life
Oh, and you my boy Rob! Please criticize my posts but accept my criticisms of your criticisms and know that I still respect your opinion
Good luck with everything, bud.

Sorry to hear you ended your marriage. I know many atheists who have married religious people. They make it work. All relationships need to be worked with to be successful. Religion or not. Heck, my other half is Wiccan and I'm atheist, but we have been happy together for over three years. It's not something we really feel like we have to discuss with each other. He has his beliefs and I'm okay with that because I'm not him and he isn't me. There are far more important parts of our lives that we focus on.

Anyway, stay around here. Don't be a stranger.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Good luck.
(October 22, 2016 at 12:07 am)Nymphadora Wrote: Sorry to hear you ended your marriage. I know many atheists who have married religious people. They make it work. All relationships need to be worked with to be successful. Religion or not. Heck, my other half is Wiccan and I'm atheist, but we have been happy together for over three years. It's not something we really feel like we have to discuss with each other. He has his beliefs and I'm okay with that because I'm not him and he isn't me. There are far more important parts of our lives that we focus on.

Way to lecture him, very helpful
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Congratulations and condolences.

It will get better. You will be happy. I 'd like some o them fried taters and mustard.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 22, 2016 at 12:07 am)Nymphadora Wrote: Sorry to hear you ended your marriage. I know many atheists who have married religious people. They make it work. All relationships need to be worked with to be successful. Religion or not. Heck, my other half is Wiccan and I'm atheist, but we have been happy together for over three years. It's not something we really feel like we have to discuss with each other. He has his beliefs and I'm okay with that because I'm not him and he isn't me. There are far more important parts of our lives that we focus on.

Anyway, stay around here. Don't be a stranger.

you are right. Its never the 'religion" that breaks the marriage.  It may be one of the final straws, but its not cause.
anti-logical Fallacies of Ambiguity
(October 22, 2016 at 4:50 am)Alex K Wrote:

Way to lecture him, very helpful

I wasn't lecturing him. If that's what you got out of my post, you read it wrong. He said he still loves his wife. Perhaps he could make it work with her, but that's the key: making it work. All one can do is try. If two people love each other, I would think they could do that with some help, perhaps?

Food for thought.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(October 22, 2016 at 12:07 am)Nymphadora Wrote: Sorry to hear you ended your marriage. I know many atheists who have married religious people. They make it work. All relationships need to be worked with to be successful. Religion or not.

(October 22, 2016 at 9:00 am)Nymphadora Wrote: He said he still loves his wife. Perhaps he could make it work with her, but that's the key: making it work. All one can do is try. If two people love each other, I would think they could do that with some help, perhaps?

(October 21, 2016 at 11:10 pm)Won2blv Wrote: I know that I'll have a few regrets and I'll wish that some things could change. The hardest part is that I still love my wife

But I know it can't work. I respect her and want her to live a good and happy life. But I have to move on.

^?

It's just that the phrasing in both your posts appears to imply that he didn't try. I don't think that's a fair assumption to make.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 2983 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Christianity in Africa stats: <10 MN in 1900, 700 MN today. Nishant Xavier 75 3776 July 24, 2023 at 8:30 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, lunwarris 49 3618 January 7, 2023 at 11:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Are you a better atheist today than you were yesterday? Foxaèr 17 1570 March 24, 2021 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? Osopatata 29 2686 December 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, barji 9 1383 July 10, 2020 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  No Financial Inclusion Today! No Financial Inclusion Tomarrah! Or For Eternity, Even mascale 21 2089 August 12, 2019 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, asthev 14 2060 March 17, 2019 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: chimp3
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, auuka 21 3100 October 7, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Reltzik
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, brukanzuu 14 2881 March 2, 2018 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: sdelsolray