Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about the NHS in the UK.
Question about the NHS in the UK.
Are eyeglasses either free or incredibly cheap in the NHS system?  Huh
RE: Question about the NHS in the UK.
Depends. Eye tests are free for kids, the elderly and most people on benefits. Otherwise about £25 for a test. Glasses are free for the same groups, up to a certain value. I don't qualify for free glasses so pay £80 for two pairs from a national chain but as long as you know your prescription you can buy glasses online for a lot less.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
(November 3, 2016 at 2:36 pm)ukatheist Wrote: Depends. Eye tests are free for kids, the elderly and most people on benefits. Otherwise about £25 for a test. Glasses are free for the same groups, up to a certain value. I don't qualify for free glasses so pay £80 for two pairs from a national chain but as long as you know your prescription you can buy glasses online for a lot less.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

I use spec savers

https://www.specsavers.co.uk/offers/nhs-deals

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

It depends.
Personally I don't know anyone who has free lenses, but most optometrists will throw in the frames for free.

What ukatheist said. My retinopathy exams are free as I'm diabetic, but others without chronic conditions or within a certain age group have to pay.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(November 3, 2016 at 2:44 pm)Pandæmonium Wrote: It depends.
Personally I don't know anyone who has free lenses, but most optometrists will throw in the frames for free.

What ukatheist said. My retinopathy exams are free as I'm diabetic, but others without chronic conditions or within a certain age group have to pay.
My 11 yo daughter gets free lenses and frames. Or at least they would have been free if she hadn't have chosen the super expensive branded ones.

From the NHS website...

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcosts...costs.aspx

Might be different for wales/n i/scotland.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have a homosexual question and incest question? KingKong 39 8699 July 6, 2014 at 1:38 am
Last Post: Amalynne0
  "Answer the Question with a Question" Game Rayaan 101 17269 August 14, 2012 at 6:28 am
Last Post: Rayaan