Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump's Protectionism
Trump's Protectionism
In the 1970's, we put tariffs on sugar, thus the reason everyone switched to high fructose corn syrup. If Trump wins, and he puts tariffs on foreign imports, most Americans may be forced to buy lower quality products. If there were regulations that businesses had to follow in terms of a minimum quality that their products had to meet, then that'd be fine. Trump however wants to take away most regulations. I'd be comfortable with Bernie Sanders protectionism because he doesn't want to deregulate anything, and might perhaps slap more regulations on them. Trump's protectionism however, even with lower taxes on the wealthy, would still result in sub-par products.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1001 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36843 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3110 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is Trump's election bad for Trump's businesses? Jehanne 22 4043 November 15, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: CWoods
  Donald Trump's doctor regrets saying "Trump will be the healtheist president" ReptilianPeon 3 1666 August 30, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Stephen Colbert...Trump Debates Trump Minimalist 2 1270 January 30, 2016 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Chad32