Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Mirror
Black Mirror
I discovered a fantastic show called Black Mirror.

Quote:A television anthology series that shows the dark side of life and technology.

It is well worth watching.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Black Mirror
Black Mirror is an awesome show. 3rd season came out on Netflix recently and it's the best one yet. Charlie Brooker really hit it out of the park with this one.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
10/10, would recommend!
(November 12, 2016 at 11:42 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: I discovered a fantastic show called Black Mirror.

Quote:A television anthology series that shows the dark side of life and technology.

It is well worth watching.

He wrote a zombie series where the survivors are all in the big brother house.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dead-set/

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I love it, recently covered the first two series for Anglotopia, but due to some themes that would be unavoidable in "Shut Up and Dance," I decided to not do Series 3.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Black Mirror is absolutely one of the best things to have been on TV ever.

Although I don't watch TV anymore and haven't for many months. I don't have a TV.
(November 13, 2016 at 11:12 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: Idue to some themes that would be unavoidable in "Shut Up and Dance," I decided to not do Series 3.

That it is the entire point of the series, however, to make the viewers feel as uncomfortable as possible by covering real life issues involving technology. I figured that there was something beyond that boy just having jacked off on camera, but I had figured perhaps he had been looking at pictures of guys rather than the direction they decided to go with it.
~ Erin Hunter
Season four is already in the works, and I am eagerly awaiting it's airing.
~ Erin Hunter
(November 13, 2016 at 12:26 pm)Maelstrom Wrote:
(November 13, 2016 at 11:12 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: Idue to some themes that would be unavoidable in "Shut Up and Dance," I decided to not do Series 3.

That it is the entire point of the series, however, to make the viewers feel as uncomfortable as possible by covering real life issues involving technology. I figured that there was something beyond that boy just having jacked off on camera, but I had figured perhaps he had been looking at pictures of guys rather than the direction they decided to go with it.

I understand that, and I even find myself loving to talk about uncomfortable subjects, and I even relished bringing it up (and even looking up a perfect quote from the Brothers Karamazov) when I took on "White Bear," but, while Jonathan usually lets me do it, there are (at least) three major points that Jonathan would really prefer to not bring up: religion, politics, and sexual abuse of children.

And, of course, it would be one thing if it was merely confined to a twist, but, by the 35-minute mark, I found myself saying: Just let it leak. I have not yelled this much at a Netflix show on my iPad since I re-watched "The Rip Van Winkle Caper" from the Twilight Zone (y'know, the one with the gold heist where the plan laying-low part makes zero sense whatsoever; not Rod Serling's finest hour). Simply put, if he just let it leak, he could simply call the cops and say "Excuse me, some wanker put a virus on my computer and rigged my webcam so it filmed me wanking without my consent, and it sent a copy to everyone I know. I know 16 is the age of consent in these parts, but I'm still technically a minor, so I think it's a good idea that you go after these guys who sexually exploited me without my consent." Of course, the twist ending explains this plot hole, but it's virtually impossible for me to bring it up without even bringing up this subject.

And, believe it or not, I even managed to talk about "The National Anthem" while mentioning the fact that the Prime Minister fucks a pig only once (and only as a direct quotation from the ransom video), although I sure as shit spent a lot of time dancing around actually saying the act more than once, and resisted the urge to bring up Waldo's obvious resemblance to the Trump campaign at all (though I did spend a paragraph comparing my understanding of the Waldo regime to my understanding of how the Third Reich was run before the war [See Ian Kershaw's "Working towards the Fuhrer" idea]). I don't think I can do this for "Shut Up and Dance."
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Black Mirror is awesome. One of my favorite shows.

Shut up and Dance was one of my least favorite episodes in the series.

I kinda knew where play test was going...but I still thought it was absurdly good. That episode really brought out some feels.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SPOILER ALERT: Black Mirror - Bandersnatch (Interactive Movie) GrandizerII 0 216 December 29, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
Tongue Let's talk Black Mirror season 4 Aoi Magi 23 3664 January 15, 2018 at 9:35 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Lewis Black On The Inauguration Minimalist 0 517 January 19, 2017 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Code Black c172 0 562 October 1, 2015 at 12:46 am
Last Post: c172
  Lewis Black on Trump 2012 Minimalist 16 4811 August 8, 2015 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Double standards? white guy gets shot by black cop in a similar situation days apart Drich 49 12288 September 2, 2014 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Zack
  Yo Wife Is Havin My Black Baby Yahweh 0 1036 April 2, 2014 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: Yahweh
  Black lipstick BrokenQuill92 12 2431 January 16, 2014 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Why do Black Christians Hate Atheists Yahweh 33 7843 January 3, 2014 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: Belac Enrobso
  Black Friday vs "Good" Friday" Yahweh 0 744 November 28, 2013 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Yahweh