Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drumpf Thinks He's God....or Nixon...
Drumpf Thinks He's God....or Nixon...
whichever is worse.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/holy-sht...-interest/

Quote:‘Holy sh*t! Nixon’s back!’ Internet aghast as Trump claims POTUS can’t have conflicts of interest

Quote:Trump on his businesses/conflict q's: "The law's totally on my side, the president can't have a conflict of interest."

He doesn't know what he's fucking talking about....which has been evident from the start but a lot of people simply don't care.
RE: Drumpf Thinks He's God....or Nixon...
He will simply try his darndest to change what he thinks it means to be president.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I'd wish for him to be Nixon. Nixon's an icon compared to what this guy has in mind.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Am I the only one bored with Herr trump?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

There's an easy out for this. If Mr. Trump will sign over controlling interest in all his business to Yours Truly, I'll see to it that the money is properly invested. There's a worm plantation in Siberia I've had my eye on for quite some time.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 22, 2016 at 4:47 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Am I the only one bored with Herr trump?

Um bored? He is frightening
(November 22, 2016 at 5:05 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(November 22, 2016 at 4:47 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Am I the only one bored with Herr trump?

Um bored? He is frightening

Well, I'm bored with zombies...

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Bored is not the word I would use. These guys are taking over the world pretty quickly. Supported by people who love to be fucked with sordid lead pipes. So, we get another helping of the 30ies. Let's just hope it won't end in another helping of the 40ies before it gets better. But I wouldn't bet on it, since these are all territorial primates or at least appealing to the most primitive human instincts.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 22, 2016 at 5:07 pm)abaris Wrote:

Bored is not the word I would use. These guys are taking over the world pretty quickly. Supported by people who love to be fucked with sordid lead pipes. So, we get another helping of the 30ies. Let's just hope it won't end in another helping of the 40ies before it gets better. But I wouldn't bet on it, since these are all territorial primates or at least appealing to the most primitive human instincts.

^^^^^^^BINGO
(November 22, 2016 at 3:52 pm)abaris Wrote: I'd wish for him to be Nixon. Nixon's an icon compared to what this guy has in mind.

Nixon was a human dung beetle (apologies to actual dung beetles), and that's just taking into account his bigotry, thin-skinned paranoia, and petty vengefulness. His Vietnam policy was a continuing disastrous folly that resulted in untold numbers of unnecessary dead on both sides. Watergate was a shameful fiasco and he deserved everything he received because off it -- except Ford's pardon.   

But, for all that, give the man his due. If not for the Watergate cover-up and the stubborn refusal to simply cut our losses in Vietnam, he would be celebrated today as one of our better modern presidents. Unlike some people I could name, he actually understood domestic and foreign policy, had legislative experience, and had eight years' experience as Vice President prior to winning the Presidency. He signed into law a number of reasonably progressive pieces of legislation while President, and made some bold moves on the world stage that decisively ushered in a new era.

With Trump, we should be so lucky. I'm not holding my breath. But I will hope for the best. But I don't trust the son-of-a-bitch, and I trust his inner circle even less.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who Still Thinks Joe Biden Will Be The Nomine? ReptilianPeon 90 6499 March 11, 2020 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Trump as Eminem thinks WinterHold 7 607 November 4, 2019 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Stolen property, Nixon vs Russia Brian37 1 323 August 5, 2018 at 11:36 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Banana Republicunt Thinks It Is His Personal Property Minimalist 17 2118 May 20, 2018 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  IS There Anyone Who Thinks The WLB Has The Smarts To Deal With This Looming Crisis? Minimalist 2 435 December 24, 2017 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  So Trump thinks he is above the law now NuclearEnergy 2 840 April 21, 2017 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Is There Any Drumpf Appointee Who Doesn't Have Putin's Dick Up His Ass? Minimalist 34 7731 March 4, 2017 at 9:12 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  CPAC and Russia and Drumpf, Oh My! Minimalist 9 1675 February 25, 2017 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Poor Drumpf..The Nazis Are Coming Home To Roost Minimalist 34 4931 January 14, 2017 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Stephen Colbert Works Over Drumpf Minimalist 0 761 January 12, 2017 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Minimalist