Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 7:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Made a decision and other news
Made a decision and other news
As of tonight I have 272 hours left to graduation. If I continue with nights, I won't graduate until the beginning of April. If I switch to days, I can be done by the end of January. It's 17.5 hours a week vs 35. It's getting a job sooner rather than later.

I talked it over with the other half. We have one car. He would have to find a ride home from work so I can take the car to school. He said "go for it". My administrator sent a request to the home office to get approval for the switch. If they approve, I can start days as early as next Monday.

Also, weather permitting, I will be taking my State boards this Saturday. I'm as ready as I'm ever going to be, so it's now or never.

Also, I'm entering a school-wide contest. All Empire Beauty school students are eligible and there's a lot of schools. I will post pics of my creation, so long as my model is okay with it.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: Made a decision and other news
Good luck! Hope it all goes well
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Thanks Smile I'm hoping the home office approves so that I can get these next two months done with.

I'm a bit nervous about my state boards, but I know I'll be just fine.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Good for you, Nymph.
You don't always talk about your other half in a good light, but it sounds like he's being very supportive of you in this instance and I'm glad.
Thanks. Yeah, this was one thing I just couldn't do without a mutual agreement.
That's awesome. I'm happy for you Smile You've got this!
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
yea !
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

You're an excellent student, so there may be a good chance that they'll honor your request. Hopefully, they'll let you know something on a weekend, so you'll have a day or two to get your sleep turned around. 

Best of luck to you, hon; It won't be long, now. Smile
Good luck, Nymph. <3
Well, after spending an hour on the phone, on hold, I finally scheduled my exam for the first available Saturday. January 7th. Not happy it's over a month away, but at least I'm scheduled.

(November 30, 2016 at 11:41 am)Thena323 Wrote: You're an excellent student, so there may be a good chance that they'll honor your request. Hopefully, they'll let you know something on a weekend, so you'll have a day or two to get your sleep turned around. 

Best of luck to you, hon; It won't be long, now. Smile

Thanks Smile

They have to get back to my administrator today because I have to fill out a form. New classes are starting Dec 5th and you can only switch when new classes start, so if they don't get back to me by tomorrow, at the very latest, I will have to wait for six more weeks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 786 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Your personal decision Foxaèr 7 840 February 21, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  One of these things is not like the other ones Angrboda 1 390 December 6, 2021 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Fun phrases from other countries/cultures. Gawdzilla Sama 3 315 August 3, 2020 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Bannings, Reports, and Other Actions? no one 21 2792 June 11, 2020 at 7:27 am
  Other forums you belong to... arewethereyet 9 834 June 8, 2020 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Other forums just aren't the same Violet 18 1367 May 3, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Super Heroes, Star Wars and Star Trek is the worst entertainment made in US history Sanau 18 1706 March 30, 2020 at 12:40 pm
  Interlocutor and other ugly words. Succubus 0 205 March 29, 2019 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  When Morons Find Each Other Minimalist 7 1023 November 30, 2018 at 11:24 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb