Play "Cards Against Atheist Forums" online now!
Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: 27th June 2017, 04:59

Poll: Which logo(s) do you want to see as our 2016 holiday logo?
This poll is closed.
Logo A
16.67%
4 16.67%
Logo B
8.33%
2 8.33%
Logo C
58.33%
14 58.33%
Logo D
8.33%
2 8.33%
Logo E
8.33%
2 8.33%
Logo F
0%
0 0%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist Forums Holiday Logo 2016!
Atheist Forums Holiday Logo 2016!
Luckie has created an assortment of holiday logos for the forum, and we would like the community to pick the one that we use. You can vote for more than one logo, and the logo with the most votes in the next 3 days will be used throughout the holiday season.

Logo A: http://imgur.com/xQEopq4

Logo B: http://imgur.com/tehAEGK

Logo C: http://imgur.com/0TmDgHc

Logo D: http://imgur.com/cOV9iJR

Logo E: http://imgur.com/dkmhjmB

Logo F: http://imgur.com/7ZUEZbJ
RE: Atheist Forums Holiday Logo 2016!
I chose 'C', since I couldn't find the logo with the baby on the rotisserie.

Boru
'There are people who long for immortality in the afterlife who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.' - Isaac Asimov
tough call, the gay palm trees are really charming, but I went with C

And BSB4; we did have one poaching in a thermal vent at Yellowstone, but it dissolved too much before I could get the shot set up, sorry
That's why our administration has moved aggressively to secure our borders more, by hiring a record number of new border guards, by deporting twice as many criminal aliens as ever before, by cracking down on illegal hiring, by barring welfare benefits to illegal aliens . . . The jobs they hold might otherwise be held by citizens or legal immigrants. The public service they use impose burdens on our taxpayers. . . . it is wrong and ultimately self defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must do more to stop it.   

William Jefferson Clinton

B is perfect.

The others fail either for a a lack of thematic relevance or for that writing "heathen's greetings". I find it politically incorrect, given this forum's promoted pluralism, as well as perhaps a bit too cheesy.

I like D a lot, minus the writing and the religious symbols, though not for the winter holidays.  Take the previously mentioned elements out, IMO, and you have a theme superior to the one currently occupying this rugged ship's flag.

Luckie, they are all great works despite those tiny flaws I found with them(for this purpose), kudos for them, and thank you for exhibiting your art for and in the use of this community. Great

One question, though, if I may. I'm curious about the phrase "heathen's greetings". Is this supposed to be reminiscent of the way in which some drinking establishments are  sometimes named, or is this phrase more literal - is a particular heathen being specified in that statement (if so, who)?
I like A and C. "Heathen's Greetings" gave me a chuckle
"Should I kill myself or have a cup of coffee?"

(1st December 2016, 21:41)Aegon Wrote: I like A and C. "Heathen's Greetings" gave me a chuckle

I don't get it...   Sad
(1st December 2016, 21:56)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(1st December 2016, 21:41)Aegon Wrote: I like A and C. "Heathen's Greetings" gave me a chuckle

I don't get it...   Sad

Well it's a play on "Season's Greetings," but also an joke about how some religious people view atheists as heathens. So it's our ironic version of the holiday phrase.
"Should I kill myself or have a cup of coffee?"

(1st December 2016, 21:58)Aegon Wrote:
(1st December 2016, 21:56)Excited Penguin Wrote: I don't get it...   Sad

Well it's a play on "Season's Greetings," but also an joke about how some religious people view atheists as heathens. So it's our ironic version of the holiday phrase.
Hehe, thanks. Cultural references like that always escape me.
I like the logos with the tree, but they do feel a bit too...umm...messy, there's too many things going on.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

D and F.

Love those two.
"  ...I... I-I-I-I-- I made it... and it's fucking beautiful !!! "
"  Why sound so surprised ?   ..  You've got a brilliant mind."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cards Against Atheist Forums Tiberius 28 2385 30th May 2017, 06:27
Last Post: Hammy
  Atheist Forums is now HTTPS only. Tiberius 19 515 15th March 2017, 23:40
Last Post: Moros Synackaon
  Member Awards 2016! Tiberius 237 7608 22nd January 2017, 22:13
Last Post: Rayaan
  Member Awards 2016 - Results Tiberius 87 3158 21st January 2017, 20:33
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Atheist Forums' 12 Days of Christmas Tiberius 19 865 23rd December 2016, 21:32
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Logo Competition Tiberius 93 10121 30th January 2016, 22:29
Last Post: Jericho
Star Atheist Forums 1st Birthday! Tiberius 40 10969 27th August 2015, 00:48
Last Post: Whateverist
  More Forums! Tiberius 5 1481 15th March 2014, 15:27
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Happy 5th Birthday Atheist Forums! Tiberius 17 5279 31st August 2013, 05:26
Last Post: Violet
  Hack The Forums Tiberius 9 3087 4th August 2013, 11:49
Last Post: wolf39us