Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Videos not showing up on mobile
Videos not showing up on mobile
When I browse the forum on my phone (via chrome), it seems the videos aren't showing. Just a large blank space. This is a very recent issue, since they were working only 4-5 hours ago.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
RE: Videos not showing up on mobile

"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Works on my phone on Chrome. Can't recreate this.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Ok. It just randomly started working again. Never mind I guess
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
I've been having this problem for days now. I was gunna wait and test my desktop on Monday before I said anything. I noticed it last mafia game when I tried to post a picture and all my normal methods didn't work.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
The difference likely has to do with older posts where the automedia parsing is no longer happening due to issues with the plugin.

Reproduced the issue.

It manifests when you're using the secure version of AF (HTTPS) for mobile, probably due to cross domain issues (HTTPS does not allow HTTP embeds in many cases).

Filed a report.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  User profile mobile issue tackattack 0 671 November 18, 2018 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Giving kudos no longer available on mobile version? Foxaèr 4 1295 May 29, 2018 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Media isn't showing Aegon 9 2050 March 22, 2018 at 3:51 pm
  Can't rep on mobile Aegon 15 2283 February 20, 2018 at 7:32 am
  Images and videos not displaying. Edwardo Piet 19 2025 October 29, 2017 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Can I Embed Videos YouTube That Start At A Certain Point Here On AF? Edwardo Piet 2 885 September 4, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Mafia game threads showing in "Today's Posts" lists Ravenshire 18 6629 February 5, 2017 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Suggestion: AF app or at least a mobile version of the forum rado84 36 6021 August 4, 2016 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  My computer is stuck in mobile mode. Socratic Meth Head 1 1179 March 31, 2016 at 11:36 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  mobile theme is not fitting to screen pocaracas 6 1364 March 29, 2016 at 6:08 am
Last Post: pocaracas