Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No decent MMORPGs left - there's only crap out there
No decent MMORPGs left - there's only crap out there
After RaiderZ there isn't even one decent fantasy MMORPG left.

Dragon's Prophet - crap from the beginning and at level 9 it gets even worse - you're sent to fight an indestructible dragon.
Riders of Icarus - somewhat good from the beginning but at level 20 the player is given an impossible quest thus forcing them to give up playing the game.
Neverwinter - somewhat good from the beginning but when you reach level 60 the hardship overwhelms you with its full force. You have to pour a truck load of money in order to have somewhat decent progression until the maximum level.
TERA - pretty much the same bullshit as Neverwinter.
AION - even worse than TERA.
Vindictus - much worse than all of the above together. Not to mention that the lack of whatever special skills doesn't make the game more interesting.
CABAL 2 - not bad at all until level 30-ish when the player is overwhelmed with at least 20 story quests requiring party (no option to solo them). Considering it takes about half an hour to find a party for a quest, no sane person would keep playing that game.

What MMORPGs do you play? Preferably with action style combat - like RaiderZ, where you hit whatever is under your crosshair, also known as "non-targeting combat system".
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
RE: No decent MMORPGs left - there's only crap out there
What about WoW? The other 2 MMORPGs I know are pay to win: Black Desert Online and Tree of Savior. Maybe you could jump into Ragnarok online. It is an old game though. You can also buy ARMA 3 and join a clan.
I don't like the first two you mentioned. And the only way I could play a military game is if it's entirely of the same type as Armored Warfare - driving only tanks and nothing else. But if I'm not mistaken the ARMA series is FPS and I hate FPS.
(December 5, 2016 at 12:34 pm)Atheist_BG Wrote: After RaiderZ there isn't even one decent fantasy MMORPG left.

Dragon's Prophet - crap from the beginning and at level 9 it gets even worse - you're sent to fight an indestructible dragon.
Riders of Icarus - somewhat good from the beginning but at level 20 the player is given an impossible quest thus forcing them to give up playing the game.
Neverwinter - somewhat good from the beginning but when you reach level 60 the hardship overwhelms you with its full force. You have to pour a truck load of money in order to have somewhat decent progression until the maximum level.
TERA - pretty much the same bullshit as Neverwinter.
AION - even worse than TERA.
Vindictus - much worse than all of the above together. Not to mention that the lack of whatever special skills doesn't make the game more interesting.
CABAL 2 - not bad at all until level 30-ish when the player is overwhelmed with at least 20 story quests requiring party (no option to solo them). Considering it takes about half an hour to find a party for a quest, no sane person would keep playing that game.

What MMORPGs do you play? Preferably with action style combat - like RaiderZ, where you hit whatever is under your crosshair, also known as "non-targeting combat system".

Have you considered that maybe you're just not a very good gamer? Wink
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
I don't play any MMORPGs either. I actually agree with you that every one of them is terrible these days. I gave up trying to find something even slightly entertaining in that genre.
I played Lord of the Rings Online for a few years. It was good, but it's mostly doable by yourself. And I would think the main draw of an MMO is doing things with a group. While there are roleplaying servers, eventually I really just didn't want to bother anymore. Also the new endgame nowadays is doing repeatable quests a thousand times over to help rebuild a town or something, instead of an endgame raid. Not very fun after a while.

I liked Dungeons and Dragons Online, because of the character customization, and the need for groupings, but then I had problems with the community. You get these characters who are overpowered, because of multiple reincarnation and stat tomes, who mainly just want to zerg rush through a handful of quests as they level. And there were some quest packs that weren't open to VIP, and couldn't be bought in the online store with turbine points.

There seems to be an overall problem with MMOs being largely populated by casual players, so the difficulty is brought down until you can do a lot of things by yourself. Which defeats the purpose of playing an MMO, as opposed to a single player game.

There are player versus player games, but I'm too much of a casual to be very good at them.

I've pretty much given up on that scene. Unless anyone knows a better one.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I had forgotten about LOTRO. I played it long ago but at the time I had a much slower PC which didn't get along with the game and for this reason I stopped playing it.
I disagree that soloing a game defeats the purpose of being an MMO. RaiderZ was beating a lot of games on this point - you could choose between soloing a dungeon and playing it in party. Of course there were some dungeons which would progress your quest only in party mode but still the solo mode gave you the chance to get used to to that dungeon and get a lot of experience in order to level up quickly and do the party mode by yourself, if several requirements are met.
Unfortunately the developers' laziness killed RaiderZ - they left the game without any expansion levels for over 2 years and naturally people lost interest at some point. But that was the only game which gave the player a choice regarding the dungeons, the only game where your cleric or wizard could wear plate armor with mace and shield while devastating enemies from afar and if an enemy still succeeds in coming closer, a hit with the mace finishes them.
This was also the only game whose PvP I really enjoyed so much that I built a character specially designed for PvP which could heal anytime during the battle. Naturally that lead to me killing many players while I died not that often.
Normally I don't like PvP and don't play it but the mix-ups were awesome and with a mix-up of 20 people you never know who's beating who. Which was the reason I liked the PvP of RaiderZ.
I loved ddo until they wanted me to buy stuff at max level.

What kills the fun out of mmos is the mindless repetition and memorizing the levels/quests to get powered up vs forcing problem solving and reactive skills more single player rpg offer.
[Image: tumblr_nvrbfbDXgM1u0bifgo1_400.jpg]
Pretty much felt that way towards mmos after Everquest. I've tried a few others but they're always the same. Occasionally I return to Time Locked Progression EQ servers for a few months to feed the urge and that's enough.
(December 6, 2016 at 6:47 pm)Elskidor Wrote: Pretty much felt that way towards mmos after Everquest. I've tried a few others but they're always the same. Occasionally I return to Time Locked Progression EQ servers for a few months to feed the urge and that's enough.

Those old MMORPG's are really too limited now.  I'll probably get the newest updates for WoW and EQII, play through the quests just for sight-seeing.  But there are only so many, "Kill 15 something-or-others" you can do before you want to stab steak knives into your eyes to lessen the pain.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For those who like MMORPGs Foxaèr 4 431 April 14, 2018 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Diablo 3 Beta OPEN THIS WEEKEND ONLY! Autumnlicious 0 952 April 20, 2012 at 9:49 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious