Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dinosaur tail found preserved in amber!
Dinosaur tail found preserved in amber!
99 million year old dino tail was found preserved in amber.

And it has feathers!

Let's see the creationists explain this one away...

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/dino...r-feathers

[Image: specimen-overview-reflected-and-transmit...33x650.jpg]

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
RE: Dinosaur tail found preserved in amber!
Clearly a beaver tail from just before the flood.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Ken Sham has already debunked it. :eyesroll:
I'd seen another article about this sometime last week, and it's possible that they will find more amber deposits. Whether or not they'll find more dinosaur fossils remains to be seen, but it would be great if this leads to more information on things like coloration.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Goddammit, I still haven't come to terms with dinosaurs that aren't Archaeopteryx having feathers and seeing a dinosaur tail with this many feathers is actually more jarring than I would have expected.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
This is god testing the faithful.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 12, 2016 at 10:42 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Goddammit, I still haven't come to terms with dinosaurs that aren't Archaeopteryx having feathers and seeing a dinosaur tail with this many feathers is actually more jarring than I would have expected.

I die a little on the inside anytime I see an image of a velociraptor covered in feathers.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
satan created this forgery !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

For reference, here's AiG's response:

https://answersingenesis.org/dinosaurs/f...-in-amber/

AnswersinGenesis Wrote:We conclude that DIP-V-15103 is a bird, and not a 99-million-year-old theropod dinosaur. This is supported by the discovery of 99-million-year-old bird wings including bones and feathers found by Lida Xing et al. in the same type of Burmese amber as DIP-V-15103.3 I reject the age assigned to these fossils, but it shows that small birds, perhaps juveniles, left evidence of their unquestionably bird-like anatomy in Burmese amber. So where is the evolution?

Facepalm
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(December 12, 2016 at 10:26 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: 99 million year old dino tail was found preserved in amber.

And it has feathers!

Let's see the creationists explain this one away...

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/dino...r-feathers

[Image: specimen-overview-reflected-and-transmit...33x650.jpg]

All I want to know is when are they gonna clone it?
[Image: 6QOh5df.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Crocoduck" found. The Valkyrie 7 1957 December 8, 2017 at 4:30 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Strange troglodyte species found in Turkmenistan cave Foxaèr 4 840 September 26, 2017 at 7:18 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  99 million Year Old Bird Transition Found Amarok 14 5295 June 9, 2017 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Statuesque dinosaur fossil discovered Thumpalumpacus 44 7932 May 13, 2017 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  New Species Found in Oregon brewer 31 6234 February 11, 2016 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Remains of new human species found ignoramus 32 6526 September 10, 2015 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: MTL
  Reverse Engineering a Dinosaur? Minimalist 10 2903 May 15, 2015 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  A Jurassic avialan dinosaur from China... pocaracas 57 14770 June 10, 2013 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Have we found the Thing? L.A.F. 5 2126 April 26, 2013 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  7,000 Year Old Caveman Bones Found; Oldest Modern Human DNA Annik 13 9821 July 2, 2012 at 2:23 am
Last Post: Minimalist