Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Cross sold on TV what say you?
A Cross sold on TV what say you?
19 Bucks can get you salvation I guess. 

Here is their FB page. Here is what I posted.

https://www.facebook.com/TheNativityCross/?fref=ts

I'd like some clarification here. I saw your add on TV, are you claiming every stone comes from that alleged tomb? If so wouldn't that be like selling stones from Tut's Tomb? If it is an historical site as implied my impression anyway, and correct me if I am wrong , it would seem anything that is in it should be preserved, not sold? I am used to seeing lots of mass produced products from lint cleaners to cell phone holders for your car sold on TV in bulk. I am sure your company is following all laws. But there still is a huge difference between legal, and moral. I am sure your patrons want to know they really are getting what they pay for.
RE: A Cross sold on TV what say you?
Quote:The Nativity Stone Cross comes with a stunning Guardian Angel Pin

Wow.  What a bunch of shitheads.

I predict they will get rich separating idiot xtians from their money.  This scam has been going on since the 4th century.
They'd be better off getting some miracle spring water from Peter Popoff. God is supernaturally cancelling debts!

Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
There is at least eight St. Benedict bones in every chicken.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I read somewhere that if all 'authentic' pieces of the True Cross were brought together and reassembled, the resultant crucifix would be something like 180 feet high. Similarly, if these purveyors of fraud mentioned in the link included a stone from the Cave of The Nativity in each cross they sell, the resultant mining would make the Cave bigger than the Flavian Amphitheatre.

Then again, no one ever lost money betting against the cupidity of religious hucksters. Or the stupidity of their customers.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 17, 2016 at 8:30 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I read somewhere that if all 'authentic' pieces of the True Cross were brought together and reassembled, the resultant crucifix would be something like 180 feet high. Similarly, if these purveyors of fraud mentioned in the link included a stone from the Cave of The Nativity in each cross they sell, the resultant mining would make the Cave bigger than the Flavian Amphitheatre.

Then again, no one ever lost money betting against the cupidity of religious hucksters.  Or the stupidity of their customers.

Boru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvRFTn91ZT8

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(December 17, 2016 at 8:30 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I read somewhere that if all 'authentic' pieces of the True Cross were brought together and reassembled, the resultant crucifix would be something like 180 feet high. Similarly, if these purveyors of fraud mentioned in the link included a stone from the Cave of The Nativity in each cross they sell, the resultant mining would make the Cave bigger than the Flavian Amphitheatre.

Then again, no one ever lost money betting against the cupidity of religious hucksters.  Or the stupidity of their customers.

Boru

Don't forget, something like 8 different places claim to have the head of john the baptist, too.  He would have looked real funny with 8 heads.
Is an 8 headed John the Baptist any funnier than Christ getting crucified on Thursday and Friday ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 18, 2016 at 2:25 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Is an 8 headed John the Baptist any funnier than Christ getting crucified on Thursday and Friday ?

Makes you think the whole Passion narrative took place inside a house of mirrors, dunnit?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 18, 2016 at 2:25 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Is an 8 headed John the Baptist any funnier than Christ getting crucified on Thursday and Friday ?

Well the executioner's arm would have gotten very tired.  Not to mention that you would have needed a whole shitload of silver platters and Antipas was not a rich king.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue Stuff Creationist Say Cholley71 0 713 April 21, 2013 at 1:47 am
Last Post: Cholley71
  Say It Aint So, or say it is Aint, news story Brian37 3 1577 July 15, 2012 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Creationists say the darnest things Justtristo 9 3181 November 22, 2011 at 3:08 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  Cross at world trade center memorial? treadmill 44 12013 August 5, 2011 at 8:35 am
Last Post: leo-rcc
Smile I was on BBC "Have Your Say" as a panelist! Anymouse 4 1445 August 3, 2011 at 6:21 am
Last Post: Anymouse