Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your favorite tv shows NOW vs. your favorite tv shows of all time
Your favorite tv shows NOW vs. your favorite tv shows of all time
I've had a steady favorite tv shows of all time list in my head for a very long time:

1. MST3K
2. Angel
3. Futurama
4. Star Trek: The Next Generation
5. Battlestar Galactica (reboot)

But as much as I love my top 5, I can't help but think about three shows I watch obsessively, love, and are still running: Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

I think Game of Thrones and It's Always Sunny stack up with my top 5 shows of all time. Walking Dead I love, but isn't in danger of cracking into my top 5. The Netflix shows I watch are indeed great, but don't risk breaking up my top 5 either.

What about you; do shows that you watch now, hold a candle to your personal favorites of all time?
Subscribe to Atheist News! Also, check out my latest video- Mass Effect Takes On Religion

https://www.youtube.com/c/AtheistNews
RE: Your favorite tv shows NOW vs. your favorite tv shows of all time
I too am a big fan of MST3K.  Then....Star Trek-TOS.  I never missed an episode of Barney Miller and Hill Street Blues was pretty good.  A lot of sports and documentaries.

Now the only actual show I go out of my way to watch is Bones.... and that is almost over.
Best series ever: GTV's 'Sherlock Holmes' with Jeremy Brett.

Don't really have a current favourite.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
My Favorites on the air right now:

1. Game of Thrones (nothing else is even close)

2. New Girl (Zooey == life)
3. Please Like Me (this is a new addition, but it is my favorite foreign show, and it is probably the best sitcom on TV)

My favorites of all time:
1) Game of Thrones
2) Friends
3) Parks and Recreation
4) Scrubs
5) Arrested Development
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I don't have five shows that I routinely watch, but my current favorites are House of Cards and The Strain. I can take or leave The Walking Dead these days, though I do still enjoy watching the earlier seasons.

Past favorites: Buffy the Vampire Slayer /Angel.
As far as TV goes, I usually watch news, current events, or sports. I have no all-time favorite TV show. I liked different things at different times in my life. Dukes of Hazzard and Punky Brewster when I was younger. You Can't Do That on Television and The Kids in the Hall when I was somewhat older. Rescue 9-1-1 as well.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Past favorites include Futurama, Star Trek TNG and The West Wing. Now I don't watch anything anymore.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

My favorite shows are Futurama, and pretty much whatever Adult Swim does: Aqua Teen Hunger Force is the best, but Space Ghost Coast to Coast; Sealab 2021; The Heart, She Holler (Patton Oswalt's magnum opus); Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law...

As of right now, I don't really watch TV. Every year when the Game of Thrones season comes out on DVD my family gets together and binge watches it over a weekend, but otherwise there's nothing I follow. I really want to watch Stranger Things, and even more so one of its supposed influences, Twin Peaks.

Oh, and Gravity Falls is another show I love. That's really good. Even Nickelodeon's been doing some good stuff; Amazing World of Gumball and Steven Universe are, of course, not adult-oriented but are each quite enjoyable in their own way.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
Aside from the first three seasons of Game of Thrones and binging the entirety of Breaking Bad, I haven't really seen any contemporary shows, though I have a long list of things that I hope to get around to at some point.

Favorites that come to mind: Red Dwarf, TNG, Simpsons (Seasons 2-8), Futurama, Space Ghost, Blackadder, Bottom, Flying Circus, Father Ted, That Mitchell and Webb Look, the Armstrong and Miller Show, QI, Mighty Boosh, Megas XLR, Ultimate Muscle, Batman TAS.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
There's lots of things one never watched, so...lots of missed opportunities at fairing on my list.

All time favorites:
Allo Allo
Black adder
Star trek tng
Heroes (first few seasons)
BBC wildlife, with sir David Attenborough

Nowadays, I'm keeping track of
Game of thrones
The walking dead
Doctor who
Westworld
Supergirl
The big bang theory
MacGyver (groan)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Your Favorite Religious Movie ? The Architect Of Fate 25 2476 November 24, 2022 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: Uberpod
  My favorite cartoon of all time. Brian37 16 615 May 19, 2021 at 11:02 am
Last Post: Sal
  Your favorite Star Trek Universe Alien Foxaèr 27 1067 November 28, 2020 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The Wokest TV shows in town Duty 22 1045 August 10, 2020 at 6:42 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Your favorite fictional pub? Gawdzilla Sama 63 3385 May 7, 2020 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My new favorite song of all time excluding classical music Alex K 1 591 January 26, 2020 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Your favorite October/Halloween re-watches Foxaèr 6 669 October 12, 2018 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Post your Favorite Short Stories vulcanlogician 42 7493 June 3, 2018 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Post your favorite blues song. vulcanlogician 29 3423 March 27, 2018 at 6:25 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Favorite Scenes from Favorite Fiims chimp3 46 3485 February 10, 2018 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Athene