Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incorruptable bodies
Incorruptable bodies
I was just wondering how to you explain incorruptable corpes
RE: Incorruptable bodies
Science.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Wait, you understood that?
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
Srsly though how do you explain it Dodgy
Fantasy delusion.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 18, 2016 at 8:04 am)sneroul the thinker Wrote: Srsly though how do you explain it Dodgy

I'm still waiting for you to explain it.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
I think it was an attempt at humor (worked?). You often hear the term "incorruptible bodies" in media, meaning a group of people which cannot be corrupted (BULLSHIT!). The question, I assume, is to poke fun at the term itself.
Creationists are like Slinkys: It's hard not to giggle when they tumble down the stairs.
Several explanations fairly leap to mind:

1.  Deliberate fraud.

2.  Tannins.

3.  Embalming.

4. Adipocere.

5.  Anaerobic environments.

It is important to remember that NO bodies are 'incorruptible'.  Due to conditions of burial or entombment, a (very) few select bodies may remain more or less incorrupt for a greater or less amount of time.  But the Catholic and Eastern Orthodox belief in the incorruptibility of the body of particularly 'holy' people is simply a holdover from a more ignorant and credulous age.

Boru

(December 18, 2016 at 8:16 am)RetiredArmy Wrote: I think it was an attempt at humor (worked?).  You often hear the term "incorruptible bodies" in media, meaning a group of people which cannot be corrupted (BULLSHIT!).  The question, I assume, is to poke fun at the term itself.

Then why was the question about 'incorruptible corpes ' [sic]?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
fascinating Though most of the famous ones are made of wax.and they seem to be decaying at a slower rate  and the church does use artificial means to slow the progress.
(December 18, 2016 at 8:32 am)sneroul the thinker Wrote: fascinating Though most of the famous ones are made of wax.and they seem to be decaying at a slower rate  and the church does use artificial means to slow the progress.

I'm unsure of what the decay rate of a wax body has to do with the dogma of incorruptibility.

[bolded bit] If you knew the answer, why would you ask the question?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson