Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gavilyte user reviews
Gavilyte user reviews
Seems worth it's own thread:

Yes I was able to clear my bowels starting within an hour of starting the solution but struggling to drink down 3 liters is absolute torture. Fighting back the urge to vomit while also defacating made it intolerable. I couldn't hold back my vomit several times. The taste is like licking metal--it is absolutely disgusting. Drinking it with a full cup of ice was the only way I could get it down but even that failed after 2 liters. I was shaking and freezing cold fromthe nausea and couldn't leave the bathroom for fear of having accidents from diarreah and vomiting at the same time. Yes it was certainly effective but a truly horrible experience.

This is awful. It is almost inhuman to ask someone to drink all this. The taste is awful.

First of all, whoever put on the label that GaviLyte-N has "a pleasant mineral water taste" is severely misinformed about the meaning of the word pleasant and ought to face cosequences for serious false advertising. The taste alone induced vomiting in the beginning. The lemon flavoring packet added absolutely no taste at all. I know the directions say not to add flavoring, but adding a Crystal Light flavoring packet to every 32 Oz was the only way I could choke this garbage down. One would think with all the medical advancements made recently producers of this drug would find a way to make it stomachable. Aside from the awful taste, GaviLyte-N produced the worst abdominal cramps I have ever experienced. I can compare it to how I imagine being disemboweled by Freddy Krueger would feel, which only served to induce more vomiting. The label says it can be administered orally or via nasogastric tube and right now the latter sounds vastly more appealing. I will NEVER take this medication orally again even if my life depends on it. Overall an absolutely horrible experience.

I was directed to drink one 8 oz. glass every 15 minutes until 3 liters had been consumed the evening prior to the colonoscopy which was scheduled for a Friday morning and the final liter the morning of the procedure. After the first liter, I started to feel bloated and switched to 20 minute intervals for the second liter. When I had finished that liter, I had more bloating, a tender abdomen and nausea. I could not resume drinking the prep for 2 hours and then only could stand about 2 1/2 cups. The prep took a very long time to work but by 11 pm I was finally having watery bowel movements. The next morning, it took about 2 hours for me to be able to drink the final liter. While still sedated, I had a bout of nausea which required more medication but I was reassured by the MD that I was okay. It took about 3 days for me to start to feel normal again but my appetite is still not back completely and I finally had a fairly normal BM this Monday afternoon but with fairly severe cramping. I have contacted my provider's office and informed him that I would never take this product again. This was my fourth colonoscopy and this prep was the worst ever. The product should be removed from the market.

I have done this several times but with this product was the first time, it was horrible! I almost go to the ER. I started at 6:00pm & continue every 10-15 minutes (horrible metal taste)...by 7:00pm I was in the bathroom by by 8:30 (half way thrugh the gallon) I was sobbing with horrible stomach pains, I got chills & I was shaking, end up throwing up for a about half an hour. I stop drinking it but the stomach pains continue for hours...I do no recommend this to anyone!!!

The first few glasses went down okay, but it kept getting progressively more difficult. When I was about halfway through, I began to get very cold, then my fingers started tingling. Soon after, my finger went numb and I became uncoordinated and began shaking uncontrollably. Then my skin became sort of purplish and blotchy looking. Then, I developed severe nausea. I finally managed to get it all down, although it was very difficult. Then, my doctor told me that my prep was poor, after all that! I did the clear liquid diet the day before and followed all instructions, and my prep was poor? You've got to be kidding me! I will ask for something else next time--anything else! 

The first liter I vomited just after getting it down. I was only able to get down 20 oz of the second liter. After continually trying to drink the rest, I have vomited again. This stuff is horrible. Once I am finished with the test, I will never use this stuff again.

The prep was effective but I found it to have a horrible chemical taste. It made it hard to stomach! I work at a GI clinic and have had a colonoscopy before. My last prep was much better!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Gavilyte user reviews
I think it's a personal thing. I didn't find it all that bad to drink. It was the doing without food that I found hard. Multiple cups of chicken broth just didn't do it for me.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Also, you appear quite erratic and lacking focus. Are you still sedated?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Quote:First of all, whoever put on the label that GaviLyte-N has "a pleasant mineral water taste"

Wait.  Isn't arsenic a mineral?
What you need next time is some Apple Juice from the mess decks of the USS Green Bay. Three large glasses of that stuff, and 45 minutes later, you'll be leaving a rooster tail up your toilet tank and 5-12 hours later, you will be clean as a whistle from mouth-hole to butt-hole.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(December 29, 2016 at 9:39 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: What you need next time is some Apple Juice from the mess decks of the USS Green Bay. Three large glasses of that stuff, and 45 minutes later, you'll be leaving a rooster tail up your toilet tank and 5-12 hours later, you will be clean as a whistle from mouth-hole to butt-hole.

Did the mess OIC just not give a fuck?

The most thoroughly scouring experience I ever had was when I had influenza+pneumonia a few years ago. I wasn't eating for the longest time but Gatorade and water do the trick. There's nothing quite like days of intestinal distress, especially combined with everything else. I could live a very long time without repeating that experience.
Next colon exam, NO fucking gavilyte.  They can put something like what's in the picture on their goddam roto-rooter camera

[Image: UP_900061a.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 30, 2016 at 12:02 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(December 29, 2016 at 9:39 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: What you need next time is some Apple Juice from the mess decks of the USS Green Bay. Three large glasses of that stuff, and 45 minutes later, you'll be leaving a rooster tail up your toilet tank and 5-12 hours later, you will be clean as a whistle from mouth-hole to butt-hole.

Did the mess OIC just not give a fuck?

It wasn't unclean or expired. It was a brand new ship. Whatever brand of syrup they were buying gave everyone the trots. It tasted fine, was solid apple juice for the situation.

I actually did that shit (pun intended) on purpose a couple of times. It didn't make you feel sick, just cleaned you out real good. Sometimes, after two months straight of wardroom mess, you need to unpack. Wink
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
well, it's after 2AM, I can't sleep, shitting and crapping abated a couple hours ago. I don't feel well though, hunger, headache, innards not feeling like my own, shaky and cold.

having some issue focusing on this too

just wish this experience was OVER

and when it is, hopefully the TOS will allow my complete unexpurgated review of gavilyte to be posted here in the gavilyte hall of dishonor

From Commondreams, were you can read the rest of the article:

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/05...ution-drug

Nebraska Republican Gov. Pete Ricketts says that last week's repeal of the Nebraska death penalty by the state's Legislature won't stop him from executing the 10 people still on Nebraska's death row.
Ricketts says the state will soon have the three drugs it needs to administer lethal injection that the state ordered earlier this month from a chemical supplier in India.
But late Friday the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said the state can’t legally import one of the drugs, an anesthetic called sodium thiopental.
“At this time, we have no indication, aside from media reports, that sodium thiopental has recently been imported into the United States by state officials or correctional systems,” said Jeff Ventura with the FDA. “With very limited exceptions, which do not apply here, it is unlawful to import this drug, and the FDA would refuse its admission into the United States.”

What is the fucking problem with Nebraska not being able to get execution drugs?  GAVILYTE would do just fine for that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A pill that reports on the user. brewer 19 3687 November 17, 2017 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist