Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaving Atheist Forums
Leaving Atheist Forums
Hey Atheist Forums,

I've been gone for a bit, but I've learned a couple of things while I was gone.

It's kinda strange looking back at some of my views when I was younger.

I was a Muslim, Homophobe.
Then I was a liberal agnostic,
And I still am a conservative Athiest, but it wasn't only my political views that changed.

Now keep in mind before reading this... These things may be obvious to some people but they weren't to me, and I don't know what to say.

I learned that feminists (mostly) aren't bad and have good intentions.
I learned Islam may be bad, my family may have bad beliefs, but as long as they do don't impose it they're fine 
If they cherry pick or are progressive, that's not anyone's problem,

I learned that just because Christians share similar beliefs to Islam, they are not a threat.

I learned that if I want people to share similar views to me, I must learn why they gained their views first.

I learned that it's much easier to look at people individually than it is to look at them in groups.

I may have known some of these things, but I never really acted upon them or acted like it.

And I am sorry for any of the stupid things I've said in the past.

I've gained a lot more confidence over the months, and I hope it's enough to express humility.
I've said a lot of regrettable things but I hope my apologies were taken.
I've been very hypocritical in the past.

The only real reason I've said this is because I won't be on atheist fourms any longer. And I don't want people to think...
"Hey, remember that one cringey atheist kid who claimed to be 12?" (If you don't know I'm now 13) Not that people will remember but just in case.

And the one last thing I learned is that you can't change society or mend it to your wills; you gotta work together to change it to everyone's or adapt to it yourself.

RE: Leaving Atheist Forums
(January 7, 2017 at 6:04 pm)ScienceAf Wrote: Hey Atheist Forums,

And I still am a conservative Athiest, but it wasn't only my political views that changed.

Now keep in mind before reading this... These things may be obvious to some people but they weren't to me, and I don't know what to say.

I learned Islam may be bad, my family may have bad beliefs, but as long as they do don't impose it they're fine 

I learned that just because Christians share similar beliefs to Islam, they are not a threat.

I learned that if I want people to share similar views to me, I must learn why they gained their views first.

I learned that it's much easier to look at people individually than it is to look at them in groups.

I may have known some of these things, but I never really acted upon them or acted like it.

I've gained a lot more confidence over the months, and I hope it's enough to express humility.

The only real reason I've said this is because I won't be on atheist fourms any longer. And I don't want people to think...
"Hey, remember that one cringey atheist kid who claimed to be 12?" (If you don't know I'm now 13) Not that people will remember but just in case.

And the one last thing I learned is that you can't change society or mend it to your wills; you gotta work together to change it to everyone's or adapt to it yourself.

It seems like you learned alot
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Growth is an ongoing thing. Good luck, and do well.

(January 7, 2017 at 6:20 pm)Orochi Wrote:
(January 7, 2017 at 6:04 pm)ScienceAf Wrote: Hey Atheist Forums,

It seems like you learned alot

Yeah, I guess I did

(January 7, 2017 at 6:20 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Growth is an ongoing thing. Good luck, and do well.

Thank you, I hope I can do so.

Go out into the world young man and succeed.

Do me a favor, when you get to third base come back and tell the story. Those days of my youth are fading.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Well, mind your head on the way out.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Sorry to see you go, I always thought you were a cool kid.

Hope you do well in everything.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Introspection is a good thing, and not something everyone does well.

Great
Sorry to see you go, kid! Come back and visit sometime, yeah?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Mate! You're 13! Really!?

That makes you about 5 times more mature and punctual than I ever was at that age! Well done.
My money's on you going places....

Stick your head in once in a blue moon to give us an update...
Catch.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leaving FB Foxaèr 14 716 November 18, 2020 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Apollo
  Other forums you belong to... arewethereyet 9 838 June 8, 2020 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Other forums just aren't the same Violet 18 1405 May 3, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Atheist Forums Accent Tag! Round 2 Napoléon 845 123382 October 1, 2018 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  What's the funniest trolling you have seen on these forums? Garth 18 3210 March 23, 2018 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Atheist and Christian Forums vulcanlogician 43 4770 January 4, 2018 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Dead atheist forums... erealmz 34 4815 November 16, 2017 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Sal
  Atheist Forums Recipe Book Shell B 44 8675 November 14, 2017 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Christmas at Atheist Forums Shell B 70 12333 October 31, 2016 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Other Forums you frequent? ignoramus 55 4256 July 23, 2016 at 3:53 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus