Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 7:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hitchens, Dawkins, Hawking, Ehrman, Coin, Sagan: Where are the Woman?
Hitchens, Dawkins, Hawking, Ehrman, Coin, Sagan: Where are the Woman?
Are there any women Illuminaries among our most celebrated atheists.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Hitchens, Dawkins, Hawking, Ehrman, Coin, Sagan: Where are the Woman?
Found an interesting list here...  http://freethoughtblogs.com/blaghag/2010...-atheists/
You can't mention Sagan without Druyan.  LOL, power couple.  Both, btw, identified as agnostics rather than atheists. We'd call them agnostic atheists.

Enjoy-
http://www.csicop.org/si/show/ann_druyan...e_religion
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I'm quite fond of Greta Christina. You're right though; there is a severe shortage of female atheists.
Ayaan Hirsi Ali is another prominent one. But overall, you're right - not nearly enough prominent female atheists (or minority atheists, for that matter).
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
In the kitchen where they belong? (sniggles)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
are we going to omit the most hated woman in America ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(January 12, 2017 at 12:30 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: are we going to omit the most hated woman in America ?

MMoH?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(January 12, 2017 at 12:30 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: are we going to omit the most hated woman in America ?

Who dat?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Susan Jacoby

Lisa Randall I presume (If we're mentioning Hawking)

I don't know whether Eugenie Scott identifies as atheist, but she is sure celebrated by them
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dawkins, Rowling, Sunak et al on Trans Issue and Women's Rights. Nishant Xavier 63 3239 July 15, 2023 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Dawkins loses humanist title Foxaèr 165 6476 June 6, 2021 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Local woman says only way she has survived during COVID is faith Tomatoshadow2 41 2768 December 21, 2020 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Richard Dawkins interviews Saudi Arabian atheist Rana Ahmad AniKoferBo 2 792 July 22, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Ricky Gervais won Dawkins award this year Fake Messiah 13 2277 September 6, 2019 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Dawkins writing kid's version of "The God Delusion" - you mad bro? Foxaèr 35 5534 August 2, 2018 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Geoff Robson has a hardon for Dawkins Foxaèr 7 1687 May 10, 2018 at 5:55 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What are your thoughts on Richard Dawkins? NuclearEnergy 96 12949 December 6, 2017 at 3:06 am
Last Post: Bow Before Zeus
  Atheists: Do you grab woman by the pussy? Renug 7 2607 June 4, 2017 at 3:50 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  John Lennox and Richard Dawkins TheMonster 8 2233 October 14, 2016 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: TheMonster