Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Science vs. Atheism
Science vs. Atheism
I think history has shown us just how dangerous it is to mix science and atheism. Yet why is it, after countless atrocities such the abominable acts commited by social darwinists and others, atheism still seems to be going strong today?

I find it absolutely incredible that the world can be so full of ignorant morons who simply cannot grasp reality and don't know the meaning of the word "fact". Hopefully, however, as technology and science advances, atheism will be gradually left behind in favour of more rational philosophies.

However, I digress because of my rant, which I hope you'll forgive. The real question is, how can an irratinoal religion such as atheism possibly hold any credit in a world where science has shown again and again its numerous and horrifying fallacies?
RE: Science vs. Atheism
Quote:after countless atrocities such the abominable acts commited by social darwinists and others,

What the fuck are you babbling about?
(September 13, 2010 at 1:13 am)Dr Who Wrote: I think history has shown us just how dangerous it is to mix science and atheism. Yet why is it, after countless atrocities such the abominable acts commited by social darwinists and others, atheism still seems to be going strong today?

I find it absolutely incredible that the world can be so full of ignorant morons who simply cannot grasp reality and don't know the meaning of the word "fact". Hopefully, however, as technology and science advances, atheism will be gradually left behind in favour of more rational philosophies.

However, I digress because of my rant, which I hope you'll forgive. The real question is, how can an irratinoal religion such as atheism possibly hold any credit in a world where science has shown again and again its numerous and horrifying fallacies?

^^^

Agreed with Min

WTF??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Troll? Pigeon? Flying cow? Common or garden variety ignoramus?Thinking

(September 13, 2010 at 1:13 am)Dr Who Wrote: Yet why is it, after countless atrocities such the abominable acts commited by social darwinists and others, atheism still seems to be going strong today?
Because unlike yourself, rational people realise that the connection between "social darwinism" and atheism is a false one. They also realise that in these enlightened times, it isn't useful for society to depend on God, and when you don't have to depend on God anymore, belief in God slips away easily.
[Image: magic8ball.jpeg]
“Society is not a disease, it is a disaster. What a stupid miracle that one can live in it.” ~ E.M. Cioran
(September 13, 2010 at 1:13 am)Dr Who Wrote: I think history has shown us just how dangerous it is to mix science and atheism.

Not as dangerous as mixing stupid with the internet.

I think this person is just being sarcastic. If he is, he is not very funny.

If he's being serious, especially calling atheism an "irrational religion", then we can safely dismiss him as an ignorant troll.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Atheist I Evolved!
Dr Who? wrote: "The real question is, how can an irratinoal religion such as atheism"

First of all, before you go ranting about atheism you should learn what it is first. It is not a religion and I am not going to explain it for you so look it up your fucking self!

Second there is no such conflict between science and atheism, only in your head. Since apparently you don't seem to understand what either of them are.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

Geez, it took enough posts for someone to point out that atheism isn't a religion.

Hey, I didn't know you could mix science with atheism. Do you have a recipe for that?