Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 3:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We now know when the world will end.
We now know when the world will end.
May 21st 2011. I put a reminder in my iPod calender. I assume it will happen around noon.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010/...ryngula%29
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: We now know when the world will end.

“Society is not a disease, it is a disaster. What a stupid miracle that one can live in it.” ~ E.M. Cioran
Party at my place on May 22nd. Plenty of post-apocalypse beer.
They'll make up some excuse.

That kind always does.
At least we'll still have 21 December 2012 to look forward to.
(September 17, 2010 at 12:30 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: At least we'll still have 21 December 2012 to look forward to.

Do we have any apocalyptic dates forecast after that one, or have they been too shortsighted?
Yeah, the world ends pretty much every year according to the lunatic fringe. They take the phrase "live this day as if it were your last" to a whole new level.
what makes it funny is the concept of the "end of the world" - they should clarify it as "the total or almost total destruction of humanity" - since I'm sure that if in that sense the world does happen to end I'm sure there will be some bacteria or cockroaches or aliens or something that really won't care.
Have you found Jesus? If so read "the god dillusion"
Here's another one.

Quote:The year 2008 marked the last of God’s warnings to mankind and the beginning in a countdown of the final three and one-half years of man’s self-rule that will end by May 27, 2012.

The Prophesied End-Time Revealed

(EDIT: And a bunch more! 220 dates for the end of the world.)
Run of the mill horseshit from the lunatic fringe.

http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm