Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:05 pm

Poll: Was Hitler objectively bad?
This poll is closed.
Yes
52.63%
20 52.63%
No
39.47%
15 39.47%
I dont know
7.89%
3 7.89%
Total 38 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was Hitler objectively bad?
Was Hitler objectively bad?
Was Hitler bad? I have heard some people say they dont believe anything is good or bad (objectively) that morality is just as if someone's favourite food is pizza, another is chocolate...

Although I completely disagree and I do believe Hitler was a bad man, a very bad man, infact I would call him evil...

Anyways was Hitler a bad man?
Its ok to have doubt, just dont let that doubt become the answers.

You dont hate God, you hate the church game.

"God is not what you imagine or what you think you understand. If you understand you have failed." Saint Augustine

Your mind works very simply: you are either trying to find out what are God's laws in order to follow them; or you are trying to outsmart Him. -Martin H. Fischer
RE: Was Hitler objectively bad?
Yeah, I would call Hitler a pretty bad dude.
I have no way of measuring objectivity, so I cannot possibly answer your question. I also hold that you have no valid way either, so any answer you give is purely subjective, which isn't what your question demanded.

If you want my subjective opinion, then yes, I think Hitler was bad.

In my opinion, Hitler was a psychopath. Subjectively, he was one of the most evil men who ever lived .

Objectively? By what measurement? Take care, as by most measurements, the same can be said of at least some of the allied leaders of WW2, especially Churchill. It's a matter of degree.

An interesting observation was made by someone whose name escapes me; Bad/evil people rarely see themselves as such..

In some sort of objective, absolute, metaphysical sense? No. Nothing is inherently "good" or "evil."

He was good for dogs (oddly, he deeply loved animals). He was good for many businesses (war is always good for business).

But he was bad for human beings in general, caused a great deal of suffering (an understatement to be sure). That's good enough reason to be opposed to tyrants like Hitler-- there's no need to stray into metaphysics.

And so I can't answer the poll with the options provided here.
“Society is not a disease, it is a disaster. What a stupid miracle that one can live in it.” ~ E.M. Cioran
If he had won would you dare ask?

The question is amazingly naive.
This is one of the largest problems with Atheism. Atheists can be 'good' people. But everything is permissible...

Quote:But he was bad for human beings in general, caused a great deal of suffering (an understatement to be sure). That's good enough reason to be opposed to tyrants like Hitler-- there's no need to stray into metaphysics.

How was he bad for the human race? A lot of Europeans didnt like the Jews, if anything he was doing Europe a favour.

"God is not what you imagine or what you think you understand. If you understand you have failed." Saint Augustine

Your mind works very simply: you are either trying to find out what are God's laws in order to follow them; or you are trying to outsmart Him. -Martin H. Fischer
(September 17, 2010 at 7:25 pm)solja247 Wrote: How was he bad for the human race? A lot of Europeans didnt like the Jews, if anything he was doing Europe a favour.

Last time I checked, Jews were part of the human race...?
“Society is not a disease, it is a disaster. What a stupid miracle that one can live in it.” ~ E.M. Cioran
Quote:If he had won would you dare ask?

The question is amazingly naive.

I choose someone everyone knows about and considers 'evil'.

If he had won, I would be writing Japanese, I just would not be able to say anything bad about the Emporer...
Quote:Last time I checked, Jews were part of the human race...?

There was only several million Jews, many millions of Europeans who HATED the Jews, so collectively he did the human race a favour (you could say that)

(September 17, 2010 at 7:28 pm)solja247 Wrote: There was only several million Jews, many millions of Europeans who HATED the Jews, so collectively he did the human race a favour (you could say that)

He did anti-semites a favor.
Also, I might add that the Jews were not the only ones on The Shit List. And by the end of the war, the Poles were being added to it.

The problem with fascism is it relies heavily on making sure one has enemies to eliminate. But once they are eliminated, NEW enemies need to be found and hunted. Hitler's program was did not stop with the Jews.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can too much respect be bad? Fake Messiah 48 4489 January 14, 2020 at 11:28 am
Last Post: roofinggiant
  Technology, Good or Bad Overall? ColdComfort 41 5663 July 7, 2019 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Emotions are intrinsically good and bad Transcended Dimensions 713 104418 February 25, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Name one objectively bad person ErGingerbreadMandude 57 14830 October 16, 2017 at 3:47 am
Last Post: Ignorant
  Is there a logical, rational reason why hate is bad? WisdomOfTheTrees 27 3655 February 4, 2017 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Is developing a strong habit of philosophizing bad for your social skills? Edwardo Piet 31 4054 May 25, 2016 at 8:22 am
Last Post: Gemini
Smile a bad person Sappho 30 5006 December 8, 2015 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  The bad guy Marsellus Wallace 18 5214 July 28, 2015 at 8:15 am
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  What makes a person bad? Losty 53 13010 December 3, 2014 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Losty
  >without the bad you can't appreciate the good MusicLovingAtheist 19 3744 October 22, 2014 at 10:41 am
Last Post: bennyboy