Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohai everyone
Ohai everyone
Hello everyone, I'm Dracowyn (but you can call me Draco or Drake), I just decided to join these forums because it looked fun.

So a bit about myself, I'm a 24 year old nurse from Belgium, been working for a year now and I still love my job. I've also been obsessed with paleontology ever since I was a little kid, especially everything before the Cretaceous extinction, but it's not like I'm not interested at all in the rise of mammals after that extinction event. I'm also really interested in astronomy an basically everything about the universe.

Aside from that, I'm a huge anime/manga and games fan. A lot of my free time goes to these things, but it's not like I'm a shutin, I love to go out with my friends as well.
I'm also an avid collector of figures (from said anime/manga and games) and I collect swords/knives/daggers/etc as well although its been quite a while sinc I've added something to that collection.

Obviously, I'm also an atheist, otherwise I probably wouldn't join these forums. I went to catholic school when I was a kid and was baptized though, although my mom later admitted that the sole reason me and my sister were baptized and went there was because of her aunt who's a nun. She wanted to stay on good terms with her. Apart from school religion never was a part of my life, I never saw the stories I saw in school as more than stories and life lessons and by the time I was 12 I concluded the entire idea of a god made absolutely no sense. So since then I've always considered myself an atheist.

Luckily, no one from my family (except for my mom's aunt) is super religious nor do I live in a part of the world where society expects you to believe in a certain deity, so I never had problems with it.

Either way, I'm looking forward to meet everyone here. If you have any questions feel free to ask me ^^
RE: Ohai everyone
Howdy pawedner.

Woof!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Hi !

Atheist Forums is a good stop for discussions; meeting new people and also getting to know what differences stand there in the world.

But being a nurse made me post this:

Haha ^_^. 

I don't usually welcome members but like hi. I'm a theist so,,, yeah .
I didn't know you do laughing, Atlas Smile
I thought you were all doom gloom
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Ups and downs; Alex. Here does play on my up strings though
Hiyas.

Welcome, Draco, glad to have you with us. I hope you like it here.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Welcome Smile
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Welcome
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Welcome aboard.
Dying to live, living to die.