Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone going to the March for Science in D.C.?
Anyone going to the March for Science in D.C.?
I'll be at the National Mall on April 22 for the March for Science.  Anyone else going? Wanna meet up?
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
RE: Anyone going to the March for Science in D.C.?
One of my scientist friends is going.
(February 25, 2017 at 11:23 am)Jesster Wrote: One of my scientist friends is going.
Do you know if he's taking a sign?  I need some good ideas for what I could write on one.  My brother suggested that he might use Newton's third law for his, "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(February 25, 2017 at 11:26 am)Mudhammam Wrote: Do you know if he's taking a sign?  I need some good ideas for what I could write on one.  My brother suggested that he might use Newton's third law for his, "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."

I'm not sure if he is. I like your brother's idea, though. That's clever.
(February 25, 2017 at 11:26 am)Mudhammam Wrote:
(February 25, 2017 at 11:23 am)Jesster Wrote: One of my scientist friends is going.
Do you know if he's taking a sign?  I need some good ideas for what I could write on one.  My brother suggested that he might use Newton's third law for his, "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."

Based on some of your posts, perhaps your sign should read, 'Continued On Other Sign'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
If it's for science shouldn't they be hovering?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I'm going to the one in Sacramento that day with my daughter. It would be fun to meet up if I were in DC though. Smile

I was trying to think of a cool sign slogan too.
Maybe "Science Trumps All".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What the hell is going on in the Artic? Jehanne 23 3640 November 21, 2016 at 10:11 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Thinking of going back to school... Ravenshire 15 3126 July 4, 2014 at 10:59 am
Last Post: eyemixer
  The Science of Why We Don’t Believe Science FifthElement 23 7678 June 25, 2013 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Rahul
  We're Finally Going to Confirm It... thesummerqueen 11 2424 October 23, 2011 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Science Laughs: Science Comedian Brian Malow orogenicman 4 4263 December 10, 2010 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Lethe