Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:10 am

Poll: What was your experience as an atheist on a christian forum?
This poll is closed.
Posittive
0%
0 0%
Negative
25.00%
6 25.00%
Mixed
16.67%
4 16.67%
Never joined one
58.33%
14 58.33%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experience of Atheists on Christian Forums
Experience of Atheists on Christian Forums
As atheists, have you ever joined a Christian forum? If so, what was/is your experience? Did they welcome you the way we welcome Catholic Lady, or did they treat you the way we treat Drippy?

What was your purpose there? Did you/do you feel that purpose was/is being served?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Experience of Atheists on Christian Forums
They just ban anyone who doesn't agree with them. Don't bother.
(March 7, 2017 at 6:40 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: As atheists, have you ever joined a Christian forum? If so, what was/is your experience? Did they welcome you the way we welcome Catholic Lady, or did they treat you the way we treat Drippy?

What was your purpose there? Did you/do you feel that purpose was/is being served?

I have never joined an explicitly Christian forum. I have, however, joined several "paranormal investigation" boards over the years, and was generally treated courteously despite my blunt treatment of the things that they discussed.

I was even promoted to Administrator on one of them. Several of the members there thanked me for helping them to learn about things like pareidolia, and I generally had a great time there.
"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
  - A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Never have. Don't see any reason to. 
Seems it would be rather boring and pointless.  About as useful/interesting as just "hanging out" at the DMV.
I looked into one but they had christian only forums. There was a special forum for nonbelievers. Not interested.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Never joined one but on occasion when someone pointed out something really stupid that one of them said I would look in to check it out.  Bunch of sanctimonious shits trying to out-jesus each other.

I'll stay here with the heathens.
(March 7, 2017 at 6:40 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: As atheists, have you ever joined a Christian forum? If so, what was/is your experience? Did they welcome you the way we welcome Catholic Lady, or did they treat you the way we treat Drippy?

Nope. Have you ever joined? Are you considering joining?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Sounds like it's time for an experiment!

Did I say experiment???
I meant experience...that I will turn into an anecdotal story.
(March 7, 2017 at 8:02 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:

Nope. Have you ever joined? Are you considering joining?
Oh hell to the no. Even when I was a Christian I had to quite several Christian forums because they were so vicious to one another. Even the moderators needed moderating. Now that I'm an atheist I'm with Thena all the way. It would be pointless.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
First Experience:
christianforums.com

I opted not to register because there are a dozen subforums only for Christians to post in.
I can't say that I blame them. I can understand why they do it...but in general I don't think it's very appropriate.

Second Experience:
worthychristianforum.com

It seems to be politically motivated. There was an I stand with Isreal petition(not an ad) being advertised at the top of the forum.
In general I don't join forums where admins use their power like this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frustrating Atheist Experience zwanzig 5 1247 July 18, 2021 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2177 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Atheist Experience talk show by Matt Dillahunty and others Alexmahone 12 2633 December 6, 2017 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Did anyone listen to atheist experience this week? Won2blv 12 4034 November 25, 2016 at 11:17 am
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
  Did anyone here post at the Atheist Plus forums? TheMessiah 10 4417 June 7, 2015 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: Dystopia
  Atheists: have you ever had a religious experience and what did you make of it? tantric 110 17401 January 22, 2015 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Why do never-theists come to atheist forums? watchamadoodle 26 6616 January 8, 2015 at 9:03 am
Last Post: watchamadoodle
  The Symbol of the Atheist Forums sven 8 1614 May 2, 2014 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: c172
  Do you follow any other athiest-religious sites/forums? shep 30 8790 March 18, 2014 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Handling the argument from personal experience max-greece 14 4040 November 16, 2013 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce