Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We all need to get more exorcise.
We all need to get more exorcise.
Borrowed from Skeptic.com:

Abdul Alhazred Wrote:US Exorcists: Demonic Activity on the Rise
National Catholic Register

Quote:INDIANAPOLIS — There is an alarming increase in demonic activity being reported by those who work in exorcism ministry, said the exorcist for the Archdiocese of Indianapolis. Although steps are being taken to increase the number of exorcists, demand is still outpacing supply.

Father Vincent Lampert has been an exorcist for the Archdiocese of Indianapolis since 2005 and is the pastor at St. Malachy’s in Indianapolis. He trained at the North American College in Rome and assisted with more than 40 exorcisms with longtime Italian exorcist Father Carmine De Filippi. Although the identities of most exorcists are hidden, Father Lampert often gives talks to warn against evil and turn people toward the power of God.

In an interview with the Register, he said that he sees an increasing number of people involved in Satanic rituals and opening themselves up to evil.

Actual demonic possessions are rare, however, Father Lampert explained. “I’ve only seen three possessions in the last three years, but there is also infestation, vexation and obsession.” 

RE: We all need to get more exorcise.
Still calling mental health issues "possession" in the 21st century.

Sad.
Dying to live, living to die.
Ooh, exorcists, I wonder if I can get them to exorcise me, and in turn taint their souls Tongue
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I would actually love for an exorcist to try exorcising me. That could entertain me all day.
So, do they need more pigs to put the evil spirits in?  Should I start raising and marketing a 'special' breed of pig just for the burgeoning exorcism market ??

[Image: 1l9yp8.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(March 12, 2017 at 4:11 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote: Ooh, exorcists, I wonder if I can get them to exorcise me, and in turn taint their souls Tongue

Heh. You said 'taint'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
If they do succeed in summoning a physical manifestation of Baphomet, I'd offer my anus as a sperm receptacle for the climax of the festivities.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Catholic priests allowed to exorcise demons in English pocaracas 48 8570 November 4, 2017 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  I don't get God's logic at all ErGingerbreadMandude 7 1927 June 2, 2016 at 4:30 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us..." should we be grateful? Whateverist 325 66611 July 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Calling all Christians: These bears need Jesus Mudhammam 11 3422 June 21, 2014 at 6:27 am
Last Post: hobie
  Much needed advice. I need more atheist friends. dangSHAYNAdang 32 5808 January 6, 2014 at 1:13 am
Last Post: dangSHAYNAdang
  No need to avoid sinning, all is forgiven? GhostofZeus 87 40485 June 22, 2012 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Thor
  The Catholics Get More Despicable as they get Minimalist 26 11104 April 14, 2010 at 11:31 am
Last Post: Violet