Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 8:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big House vote next Thursday on Trumpcare.
Big House vote next Thursday on Trumpcare.
More here:

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2017/Pr...tml#item-1

What are your thoughts?  Do you think that it will even pass the House?  If so, what will become of it in the Senate?
RE: Big House vote next Thursday on Trumpcare.
At this point, I have completely lost my confidence in my ability to predict anything that happens on Capitol Hill. Unbelievable things have happened in the last 6 months.
Whatever. I would genuinely not be surprised if we passed laws that anyone over 60 is executed.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
It'll die in the Senate, if it gets there.
(March 18, 2017 at 12:32 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: It'll die in the Senate, if it gets there.

I remember Trump saying that healthcare reform would "only take an hour" or something stupid like that.
(March 18, 2017 at 12:32 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: It'll die in the Senate, if it gets there.

Tell me when it does so I can turn on my twitter to see the president of the united states whine about the evils of representative democracy.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

He really is a whiny little bitch, isn't he?
(March 18, 2017 at 1:44 pm)Whateverist Wrote: He really is a whiny little bitch, isn't he?

And, yeah, those poor, undeserving little children of those poor lazy parents do not deserve PDS Kids, do they?
(March 18, 2017 at 2:10 pm)Jehanne Wrote:
(March 18, 2017 at 1:44 pm)Whateverist Wrote: He really is a whiny little bitch, isn't he?

And, yeah, those poor, undeserving little children of those poor lazy parents do not deserve PDS Kids, do they?

I was just discussing this with my husband last night.
We had a neighbor who's eldest son used to go to school with my daughter.  The mother told me how she hated reading to her kids (and really she hated spending time with them unless it was taking their picture with giant fake smiles), but they knew their alphabet and could read and write a little by the time they started Kindergarten.  It was entirely due to the fact she let the TV babysit them, and always had it on PBS Kids. That show is literally helping to educate a huge portion of American Children.

My own kid loved that a number of shows there, including Dinosaur Train, Sid the Science Kid and Wild Krats.  Even though I did (and still do) actively educate her myself, I really enjoyed having a TV channel I could switch on and not feel guilty about her watching.

I am no advocate of tons of TV, or using it as a babysitter, but since many people will do those things anyway, isn't it great that there is something on that will fill their brains with useful things, instead of just rotting it right out of their heads?

Removing this free, early education access is truly deplorable.  Even if this portion of the budget doesn't pass, the fact that they WANT to cut it, and meals on wheals, and after school programs, shows what kind of low life monsters they really are.

Back to the original topic, I suspect Republicare won't pass, but must echo Mermaid. I wouldn't bet a dime on it, because it's like the twilight zone in Washington DC.  Anything can happen there, now.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(March 18, 2017 at 2:26 pm)Aroura Wrote:
(March 18, 2017 at 2:10 pm)Jehanne Wrote: And, yeah, those poor, undeserving little children of those poor lazy parents do not deserve PDS Kids, do they?

My own kid loved that a number of shows there, including Dinosaur Train, Sid the Science Kid and Wild Krats.  Even though I did (and still do) actively educate her myself, I really enjoyed having a TV channel I could switch on and not feel guilty about her watching.

Don't forget Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood:

[Image: Daniel_Tiger%27s_Neighborhood_logo.png]

I am so old I remember watching Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.  During one episode, Fred asked, "Do your Mom or Dad get so upset with you that they spank you?"  Wow, how times have changed!  (But, of course, not for some kiddos.)

Let's hope that The Donald does not succeed; I suspect that he does not really want to, anyways, but he needs to at least give the appearance of kowtowing to the right-wing who, after all, were the ones who helped catapult him into office.
I think it will be defeated and then a worked-over version will be passed somewhere down the line. Health care is a complicated issue and you can't come up with an effective program in a couple months.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earning the Vote FrustratedFool 111 4000 November 9, 2023 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Kevin McCarthy loses 6th vote for Speaker Brian37 111 4706 January 7, 2023 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1488 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1380 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Big Two G2 USA and China Interaktive 19 1236 May 17, 2021 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Would you vote for a Scientologist? Fake Messiah 19 886 March 14, 2021 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 7482 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Which Trump will be next on the ticket? Fake Messiah 13 750 January 22, 2021 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why I Might Watch The Next 'Debate' BrianSoddingBoru4 28 1590 October 22, 2020 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  What do you think is Trump's next move? WinterHold 42 1651 October 8, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker