Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 9:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lynn Beyak fire the bitch or why the canadian senate is FUBAR
Lynn Beyak fire the bitch or why the canadian senate is FUBAR
Canada Residential schools Canada's greatest national shame . Were native children and infants  were ripped from there native parents and there communities (most who perfectly fit for the task of rearing children) By the government a varied religious organizations were they endured years of psychological , Sexual , and Physical  abuse and were no fewer then 6000 youths meet there deaths  . Many  of the survivors have turned drugs , Alcohol and suicide to deal with  the trauma . And for decades faced a stone wall of denial . Fast forward to 2017 and on the very committee whos job it is to help survivors of the program and communities decimated by it. We have conservative senator Lynn Beyak who  has stated her support for the schools and has accused the committee of ignoring or overlooking " good deeds" of "well-intentioned" workers of the schools as if that somehow justifies the program . M's Beyak is one more nail in the coffin for the senates credibility and even thou she refuses to do so by choice should be forced from the committee . 

Her Wikipedia page

A native news article

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/03/16/...08234.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/03/27/...47532.html
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

RE: Lynn Beyak fire the bitch or why the canadian senate is FUBAR
I agree that Beyak should resign. I was appalled by the thoughtlessness of what she originally said regarding residential schools, and even more appalled by her doubling-down. Time to toss her.

It's about time we had an elected Senate, too. We need accountability in there.
RE: Lynn Beyak fire the bitch or why the canadian senate is FUBAR
(March 29, 2017 at 11:09 pm)Astreja Wrote: I agree that Beyak should resign.  I was appalled by the thoughtlessness of what she originally said regarding residential schools, and even more appalled by her doubling-down.  Time to toss her.

It's about time we had an elected Senate, too.  We need accountability in there.

Indeed the doubling down is worst part. Time for her to go.  

And yes it's time the senate became elected rather then the place politicians stash there cronies or toss away there embarrassments . And time they actually answer to the public rather then there political masters behind closed doors.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fire in Brijest - a predictable result of recycling stupidity? FlatAssembler 66 4036 October 28, 2023 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Flint Pastor Calls for Cease Fire onlinebiker 1 258 August 13, 2021 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Fire at Pier 45 in San Francisco onlinebiker 10 1024 May 24, 2020 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Australia on fire Fake Messiah 21 2181 January 12, 2020 at 8:01 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Jump in the fire...... Brian37 19 890 September 19, 2019 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Part of Notre Dame on fire. Brian37 98 4971 April 19, 2019 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Anybody planning a Canadian vacation? onlinebiker 21 1799 October 21, 2018 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  FUBAR Minimalist 1 342 September 21, 2018 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Think This Will Upset The Whiny Little Bitch? Minimalist 3 595 September 13, 2018 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  More Logs On The Fire Minimalist 2 365 September 4, 2018 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: Minimalist