Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOL. Way To Go Britain.
LOL. Way To Go Britain.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/...ompassion/

Quote:Christian nurse sacked for offering to pray with patients was just showing 'compassion', tribunal hears

Quote:A Christian nurse who was fired for offering to pray with patients before surgery was simply showing "compassion", a tribunal heard.
Sarah Kuteh lost her job last year after patients complained that she talked more about religion than their procedures and told them that if they prayed to God they were more likely to survive. 
Mrs Kuteh was dismissed for gross misconduct from Darent Valley Hospital in Dartford, Kent. Eight patients who were "extremely vulnerable" and facing surgery had submitted complaints about her behaviour.

Quote:Another patient said being subjected to such religious "fervour" by Mrs Kuteh was "bizarre", and he compared the experience with a "Monty Python skit".

One other patient felt Mrs Kuteh spent more time talking about religion than completing a pre-operative questionnaire, according to statements submitted at an employment tribunal held in Ashford, Kent.

Can you imagine what Mike Pence and his jesus freak bullshit artists would do if this happened over here.  They'd shriek themselves hoarse about fucking jesus.\

I wish we were more like Britain.
RE: LOL. Way To Go Britain.
(March 30, 2017 at 2:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/...ompassion/

Quote:Christian nurse sacked for offering to pray with patients was just showing 'compassion', tribunal hears

Quote:A Christian nurse who was fired for offering to pray with patients before surgery was simply showing "compassion", a tribunal heard.
Sarah Kuteh lost her job last year after patients complained that she talked more about religion than their procedures and told them that if they prayed to God they were more likely to survive. 
Mrs Kuteh was dismissed for gross misconduct from Darent Valley Hospital in Dartford, Kent. Eight patients who were "extremely vulnerable" and facing surgery had submitted complaints about her behaviour.

Quote:Another patient said being subjected to such religious "fervour" by Mrs Kuteh was "bizarre", and he compared the experience with a "Monty Python skit".

One other patient felt Mrs Kuteh spent more time talking about religion than completing a pre-operative questionnaire, according to statements submitted at an employment tribunal held in Ashford, Kent.

Can you imagine what Mike Pence and his jesus freak bullshit artists would do if this happened over here.  They'd shriek themselves hoarse about fucking jesus.\

I wish we were more like Britain.

This is the bullshit double standard all religions have. No, you cant get rid of it by force, but they cry victim, even when they advertise when not invited in a deeply personal and painful moment regardless of the person or family going through it.

Both at my grandfather's funeral and last Friday at my mom's memorial, those events they were used for advertisements.

In my grandfather's case, sure he believed, so I expected the minister/pastor whatever he was, to talk about God and my grandfather. But after he spoke, my older brother did, and that bastard used it to say "you better find god now before it is too late" and looked directly at me knowing I was an atheist. NO ASSHOLE I get the god talk about my grandfather, but how dare you use it as a promotional event. Talk about God and my grandfather sure, but don't look at me as if I am am worthy of threat like Hitler as if I had committed genocide worthy of eternal torture.

Same shit happened with my mom's priest last Friday. Again, i expected the religious shit and god talk, but he too, used it as a "warning" no, it was an advertisement. Theists like to chalk it up to a warning sure, but ok fine, if the warning works and the advertisement works like they claim, then it should not matter when they do it and there is no need to hijack an audience to sell something. Once again, I knew even with my mom, they would spew out ritual nonsense, talk about my mom, I merely got upset(in my head only) when he used MY MOM AND MY PAIN as a threat. It was emotional blackmail.

The irony is that these same people would agree with me that advertising today, of anything is way too annoying. They get that we get too many adds on our TV and in our mailboxes and on our social media, but when you have a fictional super hero, then it is ok to annoy people and advertise, even when it is not their moment.
RE: LOL. Way To Go Britain.
LOL, comparing to a Monty Python skit !!

So, Dead Parrot, or Confuse-a-Cat ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Way, the Truth, and the Ugly LinuxGal 0 390 October 1, 2023 at 11:45 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  A.S.K. your way to proof. Drich 378 39122 June 13, 2020 at 6:38 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  In what way is the Resurrection the best explanation? GrandizerII 159 14692 November 25, 2019 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  New way: Open Source Christianity Born in Iran. A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 28 4270 September 9, 2018 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Lol the bible is actually ok with pedophilia, proof from passage Rarieo 80 22879 July 29, 2017 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Yeah He's Crazy But In A Nice Way Minimalist 21 6245 July 2, 2017 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Hi, I would like to tell you about Jesus Christ, the only way to God JacquelineDeane55 78 20806 June 10, 2017 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Way to go USA. We made the ICC hall of shame list brewer 12 2996 February 8, 2017 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  A Simple Way to Shut Up a Street Preacher Jonah 44 28325 August 12, 2016 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  LOL. Stands as proof of Minimalist 10 2220 July 6, 2016 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus