Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
One more to the list
One more to the list
Hey there! I'm pretty much new to these forums (didn't even lurk much yet) but, here I am.

As the profile shows I am an agnostic atheist (closest definition to me anyways), I came upon this realisation very recently; although I have been an atheist for years without even thinking of it.

I love intelligent debate about religion and new arguments facinate me. I also have begun to post videos on Youtube on related topics with my crappy webcam. Next one in line if people are curious is something I thought of recent about Santa, and how disproving Santa can be a great moment of critical thinking in a childs development.
RE: One more to the list
Welcome! Good intro. I agree about the Santa thing.
Also Santa is kind of like God lol, in the sense there is no real evidence of his existence. Kids grow out of Santa! Its about time adults grow out of God in much the same way! By realizing that God's man-made too. How they realize this is the trickier part for them I think.
Evf
OMG.. I am so blind.. I read "I love intelligent debate" as "I love intelligent design" and then I nearly fainted... thankgod you love a debate! Agnostic atheist is a good thing to be! Actually I am going to change that to mine in my profile cause mine makes no sense. I would love to see some of your videos on youtube! Perhaps, I might link you in my blog and create further discussion or a response.
Oh man, when santa was disproved - that's a good one!

Welcome to the forum!
I am relatively new my self! Big Grin
How did you come across the forum?
I just found it thanks to go ole' google.

There are so many things I could possibly label myself..
Atheist.
Humanist.
Secular Humanist.
Bright.
Freethinker.
Non-theist.
Pastafarian.

perhaps I should just have my own religion?
[Image: geelong_football_club.jpg]My site: http://puglover.org
Bex loves: skiing, bike riding, maths, pugs,
her atheist society, politics and religious studies.
I found this site on google too. I found happyatheist first. But then when I found this site, I was hooked :p
I could call myself many things too:All the ones you listed. And also agnostic (because as Adrian rightly says on his blog, atheism and agnosticism and not mutually exclusive).
I could in full call myself something like: A monist, materialist, reductionist, neo-darwinian, secular humanist, freethinking, Pastafarian, militant de facto atheist.
And to give a brief summary of it: Militant de facto Atheist.
But I think in short: Atheist Smile
Evf
Welcome to the forums Big Grin
Welcome! Enjoy your stay, I'll be sure to check out your youtube videos Smile
Lol pug, I thought it was funny that intelligent debate was also I.D. Good thing you read it twice! And btw Adrian, I read your blog too.

I found this forum on google, liked what I saw. Once I get my mic to stop making wierd backround noises (any advice) and record my video on Critical thinking I'll definately post it on my channel.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello There! Just One More Irreligious Brat who Fell Out of Their Religion MrNoTheism 11 1640 October 31, 2016 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Newbie (In more ways than one) DarkHorse 22 3331 February 20, 2014 at 7:00 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  One More AF Immigrant Mahafsoun NM 20 5000 June 2, 2013 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Violet
  One more newbie Tex 21 3458 March 29, 2013 at 7:36 am
Last Post: Aractus
  One more atheist in the block LastPoet 18 3471 June 8, 2010 at 7:40 am
Last Post: Violet