Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cortana thing
cortana thing
how do I get rid of Cortana of windows 10? Uninstall it? what if that gets other files away e.g. printe driver files. is there a safe way to do it? something like the safe mode or a downloaded program (with a freeware option)? 
I want classic old search the pc. not a million other things and no search results.
whatever doesn't kill me only makes me stronger
RE: cortana thing
I think you should ask Cortana.
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/window...e-3633483/
https://www.howtogeek.com/265027/how-to-...indows-10/

Hope that helps.
don't click on Cortana ?

BTW, do any of you realize how many times I see "Cortana cannot help with images like that"   ??

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 1, 2017 at 8:15 am)Katia81 Wrote: how do I get rid of Cortana of windows 10? Uninstall it? what if that gets other files away e.g. printe driver files. is there a safe way to do it? something like the safe mode or a downloaded program (with a freeware option)? 
I want classic old search the pc. not a million other things and no search results.

I'm pretty sure if you hit the Window button and start typing (you'll be typing blind at first, it will just show all your app icons etc.), it will do the old style search. I think this because Cortana won't find apps by name, but this way will.

As for Cortana-- useless POS if there ever was one.
the window button is how I search anything now anyway. But Cortana is useless.
whatever doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When the AI wakes up the first thing it will do is... Gawdzilla Sama 56 5223 October 13, 2018 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Cortana vs Siri Drich 5 2542 January 28, 2015 at 9:21 pm
Last Post: Drich