Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New member here, and a Christian
New member here, and a Christian
Hey, everybody. I'm a 22-year-old Christian male. My reason for coming here is not to talk about Christianity or "spirituality" (though I'm sure I'll end up talking about that at some point in the appropriate forum). My main reason coming is to refute evolution. Now, that's not to say that evolution and religious faith can't coexist; I have some Christian friends who believe in evolution. If I believed in evolution, I would still believe in Christianity. So my repudiations of evolution on this website have nothing to do with defending any religious belief I have; that is, there's no bias on my part.

Also, I can't stand arrogant rudeness (nor just the regular kind of rudeness), and I don't appreciate being called names. I do not and will not do that to others, and I expect that same kindness in return. My wish here is that this can remain civil. I have atheist friends who I love hanging out with; we get along like peaches and cream (and you know how well peaches get along with cream!).

So! Happy debating, guys.

Chris
"The chief lesson of the history of science is that it is not ignorance that menaces scientific advancement, but rather the illusion of knowledge."
RE: New member here, and a Christian
Quote:My main reason coming is to refute evolution.

I predict you'll soon be extinct.
Welcome! Stay with that positive, friendly attitude and you should be fine (and not extinct).
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
So...wait...

Okay, first, big southern welcome!

But I have to clarify... Are you saying you're just refuting it for the hell of it? Just to spark debate?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Welcome. I do like your friendly approach, so I'm going to be perfectly frank with you. You are going to fail, and fail hard, if you hope to convince me (or, I'd venture, anyone else here) that evolution by natural selection is not fact. Most of us have heard and dismissed (with reason) all the arguments by now. The discussions can be fun, though, so don't think I'm trying to dissuade you. I'm just letting you know up front that better men have tried and failed before you.
good luck, but welcome anyway, especially if you plan to be nice.

I never knew peaches and cream went together, but I don't like peaches.
[Image: siggy2_by_Cego_Colher.jpg]
(September 24, 2010 at 4:08 pm)thechristophershow Wrote: My main reason coming is to refute evolution.

Chris

Popcorn

This should be entertaining.....

Badger
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Welcome to the forums. I'm glad you're starting off with a positive attitude and not a hit and run post. Feel free to come and express your ideas, and be open to the ideas of others. I don't think you'll do a lot of converting to your views here, but if you're OK with just sharing ideas you're more than welcome here.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari

You know, I thing you're going to annoy me. There are plenty of intelligent Christians in this forum, but they are not as arrogant and ignorant as you.

But, none the less.....Welcome
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
(September 24, 2010 at 4:08 pm)thechristophershow Wrote: Hey, everybody. I'm a 22-year-old Christian male. My reason for coming here is not to talk about Christianity or "spirituality" (though I'm sure I'll end up talking about that at some point in the appropriate forum). My main reason coming is to refute evolution. Now, that's not to say that evolution and religious faith can't coexist; I have some Christian friends who believe in evolution. If I believed in evolution, I would still believe in Christianity. So my repudiations of evolution on this website have nothing to do with defending any religious belief I have; that is, there's no bias on my part.

Also, I can't stand arrogant rudeness (nor just the regular kind of rudeness), and I don't appreciate being called names. I do not and will not do that to others, and I expect that same kindness in return. My wish here is that this can remain civil. I have atheist friends who I love hanging out with; we get along like peaches and cream (and you know how well peaches get along with cream!).

Chris

I've read some of your other posts and it seems you dont know what evolution is.

So please read up on it (and not from creationist sites, as they invariably get it wrong too) before you try to debate it.

Try this.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=t0jb8...&q&f=false

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Photos Tiberius 20272 4366729 March 9, 2024 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  New member Jillybean 19 458 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New Here Nomistic 13 519 February 12, 2024 at 1:42 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  New member titanif 8 858 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 641 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
  New member PaulC 13 1328 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  I'm new here Sigiere 14 953 May 24, 2023 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New member Dansup 9 1154 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  New here Rdougall 9 1253 January 27, 2023 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New guy here Roykok 8 1080 November 10, 2022 at 3:51 pm