Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My stance against Bashar Al-Assad.
My stance against Bashar Al-Assad.
I have been from the start against him and still am. And I didn't believe in the false dichotomy that either 1. ISIS rules 2. Asad stays.

There is alternatives way of going about this.  But both the west and Iran way of dealing with it was not the way. Supporting militants that were chained to Al-Qaeda who was chained to ISIS was not the way. Supplying weapons that you know will eventually get into the hands of ISIS was not right either.

Assad doesn't justify doing such things and neither does the presences of such militants justify the stance Iran took.

I am without a community that I see officially, my anti-taqleed stance (not to blindly follow scholars) has left me without a community to be part of.

The fact the end has been bad and the solution people sought has not worked,  is telling of our state.

We are hard headed and not willing to compromise, while we have an example of Imam Hassan who gave up power though those given power by that treaty, continued to oppress his followers, the damage would be no way as close as if he continued to fight.

Israel was an and is an oppressive stated founded on oppression. But we got to give it up, Palestinian won't get it back, at least not by our hands through confortation. Really. It's not worth the whole world being turned to flames. The only way it will happen is there is a healing process by which they are integrated back to their homeland and the apartheid state ends to be what it is, but comprehensive of embracing Palestinians.  I don't know if this will happen or won't but it's time to heal and move on.

Compromise doesn't mean you are saying you are wrong.  It's to move on. This is not the first time land was conquered wrongly and probably won't be the last time.

The fact is West wants to stop Hezbollah, because it's last stance resistance that keeps their agenda from taking place.   This whole conflict in Syria they tried to hijack it by supporting groups that would be against Hezbollah, but that has backfired to everyone.

Dangerous game they played and they pigeoned hole Iran and Hezbollah to either watch as their link get's severed or play a dangerous game themselves and support Asaad. 

All played the cards wrong, and the outcome is a loss for everyone. A beautiful country destroyed and no good outcome in the long road.

What could have been done differently? The west should of kept their noses out and not try to hijack and support the wrong groups like they always do. The groups that are hostile to Shiites.   And Iran should of just pushed Asad to have elections and step down despite the chaos.  They could of had limited elections, true, but it would be better.  

If Syrian people would have chosen to be hostile towards Hezbollah and Iran, that's a sacrifice we have to make. The reason being is that this is what the west does, they support every dictator that supports their interest?

We here should have made the sacrifice...and even if it would be very difficult to strengthen hezbollah without Syria as an ally,  it can still be done though yes, it would detriment the flow big time.

And it would be easier to have tried to negotiate with even Al-Nusra in government, than to endlessly fight.....  And perhaps another revolution after giving power to Al-Nusra could of have been pushed, that would be non-violent.

The point is, there were many more options.

Both played their hands wrong.... but I hope if anything, a lesson will be learned.
RE: My stance against Bashar Al-Assad.
I was trudging through the library and I saw Mein Kampf there.

You and your religion is as that book, a sad reminder of sheep.
(April 9, 2017 at 5:00 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: I have been from the start against him and still am. And I didn't believe in the false dichotomy that either 1. ISIS rules 2. Asad stays.

There is alternatives way of going about this.  But both the west and Iran way of dealing with it was not the way. Supporting militants that were chained to Al-Qaeda who was chained to ISIS was not the way. Supplying weapons that you know will eventually get into the hands of ISIS was not right either.

Assad doesn't justify doing such things and neither does the presences of such militants justify the stance Iran took.

I am without a community that I see officially, my anti-taqleed stance (not to blindly follow scholars) has left me without a community to be part of.

The fact the end has been bad and the solution people sought has not worked,  is telling of our state.

We are hard headed and not willing to compromise, while we have an example of Imam Hassan who gave up power though those given power by that treaty, continued to oppress his followers, the damage would be no way as close as if he continued to fight.

Israel was an and is an oppressive stated founded on oppression. But we got to give it up, Palestinian won't get it back, at least not by our hands through confortation. Really. It's not worth the whole world being turned to flames. The only way it will happen is there is a healing process by which they are integrated back to their homeland and the apartheid state ends to be what it is, but comprehensive of embracing Palestinians.  I don't know if this will happen or won't but it's time to heal and move on.

Compromise doesn't mean you are saying you are wrong.  It's to move on. This is not the first time land was conquered wrongly and probably won't be the last time.

The fact is West wants to stop Hezbollah, because it's last stance resistance that keeps their agenda from taking place.   This whole conflict in Syria they tried to hijack it by supporting groups that would be against Hezbollah, but that has backfired to everyone.

Dangerous game they played and they pigeoned hole Iran and Hezbollah to either watch as their link get's severed or play a dangerous game themselves and support Asaad. 

All played the cards wrong, and the outcome is a loss for everyone. A beautiful country destroyed and no good outcome in the long road.

What could have been done differently? The west should of kept their noses out and not try to hijack and support the wrong groups like they always do. The groups that are hostile to Shiites.   And Iran should of just pushed Asad to have elections and step down despite the chaos.  They could of had limited elections, true, but it would be better.  

If Syrian people would have chosen to be hostile towards Hezbollah and Iran, that's a sacrifice we have to make. The reason being is that this is what the west does, they support every dictator that supports their interest?

We here should have made the sacrifice...and even if it would be very difficult to strengthen hezbollah without Syria as an ally,  it can still be done though yes, it would detriment the flow big time.

And it would be easier to have tried to negotiate with even Al-Nusra in government, than to endlessly fight.....  And perhaps another revolution after giving power to Al-Nusra could of have been pushed, that would be non-violent.

The point is, there were many more options.

Both played their hands wrong.... but I hope if anything, a lesson will be learned.

Yea well this is the problem with religion and humans. I know you don't want to see it, but what Sunnis and Shiites still fight over, it took forever for Christians to put on a leash, and even today, American liberal Christians and American conservative Christians still BOTH clamor for the attention of our politicians. 

I don't like either so on this I agree with you. But I am also worried about our right wing Christians dragging us back into the same political theocratic past the middle east is unfortunately still dealing with too much.

And even both Sunnis and Shiites have a problem with Israel, and I do too. I like them because they are far more westernized than their surrounding Islamic counterparts. But even they don't get why someone like me says "NO Israel, while I don't want you wiped off the map, your desire to have a religious constitution is no better to me than when our Christians claim our American Constitution is bible based".

I don't like ANY country, Christian or Muslim or Jewish or Buddhist or Hindu, thinking our rights come from above. I include Israel and America in that too. Our rights are through our species ability to cooperate and find common law, not through any one holy writing.

Syria is wrong and Isis is wrong I agree. But these divisions among religious sects have always existed under the same umbrellas because every umbrella label has always had competing sub sects.

Russia and America are both a majority Christian and both stupidly are also getting involved. None of this would have happened if Bush Jr hadn't busted up Iraq. Not that I liked Saddam, I am glad he is dead. And quite frankly if both Assad and Isis were gone I would not lose any sleep.
I agree that the U. S. policy of " the enemy of my enemy is my friend" must stop. I believe the solution for the U.S. is to live up to its liberal ideals of equality of the races and genders, freedom of speech and press, freedom to worship or not, self governance by an educated populace, secular government with strict seperation of religion and state. We should only support nations that seek the same. Theocracies, necrocracies, monarchies, oligarchies, should be shunned and resisted. This includes Iran, Syria, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Israel, North Korea, and Iraq. If people are tired of living under the fists of Imams and KGB agents then more enlightened nations can open their doors to seekers of liberty. Let the superstitious and tyrannical children of Abraham and Stalin keep their fucking moral deserts.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!