Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
duffman..going to hell..ohhh nooo
duffman..going to hell..ohhh nooo
hello all! Just wanted to give my story in a nutshell in hopes that someone can relate to my oppression to freely think for one's self...

Born and raised into a Lutheran home, i followed this faith and believed its content to be ABSOLUTE truth. I always questioned the validity, but...NO WAY could the bible be false...for it was ALL my mind knew to be "truth". The consequences for descending from this faith were not positive in my mind(social suicide of religious family/friends, outcast as someone who has "devil-horns", or seen as HELL BOUND needing salvation) so why think about descending? I feel this is a common trap a lot of Americans fall victim too when exposed to other religions, science based evidence, etc...the individual, more or less, becomes trapped in this dangerous lifestyle of fear of god and desire for apocalyptic salvation. Knowing there is no god is like a breath of fresh air and a huge burden off my shoulders..it truly is a beautiful thing when you accept the Earth in which we inhabit as a unique and beautiful experience of life in this vast universe of space.

At the age of 25, after 23 years of dedicating my life to the Christian God lifestyle, I've come to bask in the glory of critical thinking and common sense. I feared Hell so much ...and still feel its terrorizing effects on my mind even though I know it not to be true. My goal in this life is to make sure there is 100% certainty that I will NOT be an Evangelical pastor in the next life (hey, i'm free to have my own theories of where life picks up after the lights go out) haha

feels great to share this...so thx for listening!

-sean
RE: duffman..going to hell..ohhh nooo
Awesome, and welcome.
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
Hey sean,

Quote:Knowing there is no god..

Im not saying this to agitate you: do you know there is no god or have you just decided to not believe in Him anymore?

Quote: ....is like a breath of fresh air and a huge burden off my shoulders...
This doesnt surprise me because in your mind you are no longer accountable to Anyone. You can now live your life as you choose without the expectation of an impending judgement.
Quote:I feared Hell so much ...and still feel its terrorizing effects on my mind even though I know it not to be true
I have dealt with this same issue but I have settled it with this: Even if God does send me to Hell, because of who and what He is, it's still appropriate for me to worship and live in perfect obedience to Him.
I doubt you are going to hell, a lot of Christians would go before you do buddy...
Its ok to have doubt, just dont let that doubt become the answers.

You dont hate God, you hate the church game.

"God is not what you imagine or what you think you understand. If you understand you have failed." Saint Augustine

Your mind works very simply: you are either trying to find out what are God's laws in order to follow them; or you are trying to outsmart Him. -Martin H. Fischer
naa no hell for you..... If any part of the bible was inspired by a god... its a test in GULLIBILITY.... if you believe it you are going to hell Smile if you reject religion .. you pass.
Did I make a good point? thumbs up Smile I cant help it I'm a Kudos whore. P.S. Jesus is a MYTH.
(September 26, 2010 at 7:44 am)Xyster Wrote: naa no hell for you..... If any part of the bible was inspired by a god... its a test in GULLIBILITY.... if you believe it you are going to hell Smile if you reject religion .. you pass.

Shhh! Don't give that away! You'll ruin the test!
I've been looking forward to watching theists burn in hell after all that "you're going to burn in hell because you don't believe what I believe in".
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Yea i'm comfortable in saying I don't know if there IS or is NOT a god, but i'm gonna claim the side of doubt until religions like Christianity can admit their source for info is as ghetto as a Chevy cavalier w/ 22 inch chrome rims. And what makes the god of christianity so much better than the other gods of different religions...its all nonsense.

I'm not into intellectual slavery anymore, I can think for myself and live a positive and compassionate life towards others w/o the need from a book written in the bronze age...

hopefully in hell they got some good tunes, always loved metal and fast guitars/drums...i imagine HELL to have this same fury so it sounds like i'll get a lot of good guitar practice in..maybe start a band who knows...
(September 26, 2010 at 3:23 am)blood_pardon Wrote: Hey sean,

Quote:Knowing there is no god..

Im not saying this to agitate you: do you know there is no god or have you just decided to not believe in Him anymore?

Quote:I feared Hell so much ...and still feel its terrorizing effects on my mind even though I know it not to be true
I have dealt with this same issue but I have settled it with this: Even if God does send me to Hell, because of who and what He is, it's still appropriate for me to worship and live in perfect obedience to Him.

intellectual slavery .... I'm so stealing that
Did I make a good point? thumbs up Smile I cant help it I'm a Kudos whore. P.S. Jesus is a MYTH.
(September 26, 2010 at 3:23 am)blood_pardon Wrote: I have dealt with this same issue but I have settled it with this: Even if God does send me to Hell, because of who and what He is, it's still appropriate for me to worship and live in perfect obedience to Him.

[attachment=394]
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.