Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
channel 5 the last days of jesus
channel 5 the last days of jesus
The premise is that Jesus was an agent of Rome and Herod antipas. Jesus was supposed to give religious support to the roman pawn Herod. Which explains both his funding and treatment by the authorities. It seems Rome and Herod were out manoeuvred by the Jewish priests.
http://www.channel5.com/show/the-last-days-of/
New theory which explains some of the stranger parts of the Jesus story such as romes refusal to act on his attack on the temple and plates reluctance to punish him when Pilate was famously a bastard.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: channel 5 the last days of jesus
Quote:New theory which explains some of the stranger parts of the Jesus story such as romes refusal to act on his attack on the temple and plates reluctance to punish him when Pilate was famously a bastard.

I have a better explanation.  None of it ever happened.
(April 17, 2017 at 4:29 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:New theory which explains some of the stranger parts of the Jesus story such as romes refusal to act on his attack on the temple and plates reluctance to punish him when Pilate was famously a bastard.

I have a better explanation.  None of it ever happened.

If you want any speculation as to the rise of the popularity of Christianity some historians speculate it was caused by Nero's blaming them for the fire that burned down Rome. Legends turn into movements, movements turn into religions, religions get adapted by royalty if that royalty sees the religion as politically helpful to the ruling family.

There were early Christians who were a splinter sect of Jews, otherwise Christianity would not exist at all. But yea, none of the fantastic stories happened. The writers were simply attaching legends to an early movement to make the young group look more appealing as an underdog story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Fire_of_Rome

It is far more likely that the  NT bible is a result of the rejection of the brutality of Roman leaders. Constantine simply solidified the the change after enough Romans were tired of the persecution of minorities, NOT JUST EARLY CHRISTIANS.

But in no way do babies have magic super powers and nobody survives the death myth as the bible would imply.

The rise of Christianity was not magic and no man/god lead them. Someone or a group of people sold stories about how the old ways were bad, then when they got persecuted they falsely played martyr. Just like Rasta seems to be completely different religion but stems from Jewish/Christian roots and also based on royal linage becoming a hero to the new splinter groups who moved to Jamaica.
Hmmm . . .

nonexistent made up Jesus -or- Roman pawn Jesus all mixed up in political intrigue and taking money from 'THE WRONG PEOPLE'

Tee hee !!!! Which is the thinking atheist supposed to choose ??? Neither alternative has much to do with Yahweh.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Quote:If you want any speculation as to the rise of the popularity of Christianity some historians speculate it was caused by Nero's blaming them for the fire that burned down Rome.

I bet those "historians"  ( meaning most likely bible-thumping shitheads with a divinity degree ) have no explanation as to why not a single xtian writer in antiquity seems to know anything about that.  It appears only in a single medieval manuscript of Tacitus right next to where some helpful monk changed the word Chrestianos to Christianos.  Highly suspicious.
"This isn't what I thought he meant when Judas said he'd get me nailed in Jerusalem!"
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who is the last prophet? Fake Messiah 26 1948 September 26, 2020 at 7:58 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I will be gone for a few days Der/die AtheistIn 2 1155 October 19, 2017 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  ...And then there are the days He is silent. Drich 75 16391 May 3, 2017 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Any one else watch The Last Days of Jesus on PBS ? vorlon13 9 2556 April 16, 2017 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  CHRISTIANS, you only have 3 days left to get rid of your XMAS TREE! 21stCenturyIconoclast 22 4162 December 24, 2016 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: 21stCenturyIconoclast
  I know what you did last summer. Czechlervitz30 6 1791 August 9, 2016 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Help needed. The Last Reformation. I_am_not_mafia 17 5325 July 29, 2016 at 8:46 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The benediction at last night's RNC drfuzzy 13 2274 July 21, 2016 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  William Lane Craig's last math class was in high school?! Jehanne 24 4409 February 22, 2016 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Geocentrism & Last Thursdayism. Jehanne 0 1018 December 12, 2015 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Jehanne