Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Irony, Thy Name Is Borowitz!
Irony, Thy Name Is Borowitz!
http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-...h-nepotism

Quote:Jared Kushner Calls Kim Jong-un “Totally Unqualified Person” Who Got Job Only Through Nepotism

Quote:Kushner noted that, instead of working his way up and acquiring the skills necessary to do his job, the North Korean leader had been given huge responsibilities and power “only because of family connections.”
“There’s only one word for that,” he said. “Nepotism.”
Kushner called the notion of such an unqualified person conducting foreign policy “beyond belief.”
“I mean, why would you let someone with no experience in foreign affairs anywhere near such important decisions?” Kushner added. “Why would anyone take someone like that seriously?”

why, indeed.
RE: Irony, Thy Name Is Borowitz!
That is a startling lack of insight.

(April 18, 2017 at 9:24 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: That is a startling lack of insight.

And to think Trump has made Jared his  "now go fix everything " guy

These comments don't inspire confidence
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

It is Borowitz, people. This didn't actually happen. Still funny.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
This is satire.

However, there is something to be said for the fact that satire is hard to tell from the truth (and is often less absurd than the reality).
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(April 19, 2017 at 1:20 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: It is Borowitz, people. This didn't actually happen. Still funny.

Jesus H Christ on a Fucking Crutch.  How long have I been posting Borowitz' stuff on this board, now.

FSM Grin

Pay attention!
(April 19, 2017 at 2:09 am)Minimalist Wrote:
(April 19, 2017 at 1:20 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: It is Borowitz, people. This didn't actually happen. Still funny.

Jesus H Christ on a Fucking Crutch.  How long have I been posting Borowitz' stuff on this board, now.

FSM Grin

Pay attention!

That wasn't aimed at you, Min. I was nowhere near your lawn this time, I swear!

[emoji14]
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Hell, i have no idea who this Borowitz is. But clearly he's a good Poe.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The origin of my user name GUBU 1 202 August 16, 2022 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Use this to check your irony meter. Gawdzilla Sama 5 529 August 6, 2018 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Conservatards: Irony Is Wasted On Them! Minimalist 11 2265 January 29, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Borowitz: Pence Has A Plan Minimalist 4 588 December 3, 2017 at 4:55 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Diamond-hard, industrial-strength irony. Gawdzilla Sama 5 1522 September 16, 2017 at 6:58 am
Last Post: Kosh
  Borowitz Minimalist 0 280 April 12, 2017 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Borowitz: Yeah, yeah....we know Minimalist 0 451 December 30, 2016 at 12:13 pm
  What is it with Trump supporters not wanting to discuss policy without name calling NuclearEnergy 73 13619 December 28, 2016 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Oh, The Irony..... Minimalist 0 412 October 28, 2016 at 10:05 pm
  I Love Irony! Minimalist 8 963 October 9, 2016 at 10:53 am
Last Post: chimp3