Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A serious issue I have with American Politics
A serious issue I have with American Politics
I am noticing an obvious theme. Now let me first start out by saying I am only 23. So I really have had little experience in politics, or at least paying attention. I have really only been paying attention since about 2007. Anyways, throughout the Obama years I recall Extreme Right-Wing websites publishing articles talking about how America is becoming a third world country because of Obama. Or other articles were saying how America is no longer the greatest nation in the world. And then to finish out the Obama years there is a video from a movie (Not really sure) but it had a guy saying how America was no longer great. And low and behold, Right Wingers were spreading that video like wildfire in order to advance an agenda that Obama is the worst thing they have ever seen. 

Now that it is just the other way around. A Republican in office, I see Democrats doing literally the same exact thing! In fact, that video about America not being the greatest country in the world anymore? It is now surfacing on alternative Democrat websites now. 

Look, I hate Trump. I think he a complete idiot and a total disaster. But I do believe that people give the office of the presidency too much credit than it deserves. It just does not have much an affect on your life as you are led to believe.

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: A serious issue I have with American Politics
Except that he is the Commander in Chief, nominates Supreme Court judges for life and can obviously issue far-reaching executive orders...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Look, pick a side, then decide when and where you are willing to cheat on it.

Now it's fun for the whole family.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Invective has replaced discourse in American politics, to the detriment of all.

Quote:that video about America not being the greatest country

What, exactly, are we supposed to be the greatest at?
(April 23, 2017 at 6:55 pm)Alex K Wrote: Except that he is the Commander in Chief, nominates Supreme Court judges for life and can obviously issue far-reaching executive orders...

Assuming in some distant epoch when the Dems have finally de-self-rectumized their heads and regain the presidency, I'd actually hope most of Trump's evil is inflicted via executive orders.  As we've seen, they are easy to neutralize with the stroke of a pen.

Now, having to wait 30, 40 years for the Dems to realize they need to field good candidates running taut campaigns is a drawback, but that drawback isn't being imposed via executive order, it could be lifted tomorrow . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The only problem I have with American politics are the candidates and the voters.
Dying to live, living to die.
One picks the other, hon.
(April 23, 2017 at 10:26 pm)Minimalist Wrote: One picks the other, hon.

I rest my case.
Dying to live, living to die.
Sadly, George Carlin figured that out years ago.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two things I want to talk about, politics wise ShinyCrystals 39 2424 September 23, 2023 at 6:39 am
Last Post: no one
  How does your WV inform your politics? FrustratedFool 142 6602 September 8, 2023 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  When Grown-Up Play Politics BrianSoddingBoru4 0 328 December 18, 2022 at 5:09 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why do we hate the American military institution? WinterHold 16 868 November 23, 2021 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1461 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Our politics is for slaves and suckers. brokefree 12 766 June 10, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: brewer
  I have some real politics for you. brokefree 6 489 June 10, 2021 at 1:48 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1716 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Politics and Twitter. Brian37 27 1317 May 6, 2021 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Irreligious Atheist
  American imagery from movies from 90s and 80s Sweden83 8 1583 December 5, 2020 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama