Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banner Images?
Bug 
Banner Images?
[center ][URL = generic website url, youtube perhaps ][IMG ] generic picture url, imageshack [ / img][/ URL ]

Can somebody tell me why attatching the above code with complete url's doesnt let me put a picture in my signature?

Angry
[Image: cassandrasaid.jpg]
RE: Banner Images?
(September 27, 2010 at 3:39 am)Cerrone Wrote: [center ][URL = generic website url, youtube perhaps ][IMG ] generic picture url, imageshack [ / img][/ URL ]

Can somebody tell me why attatching the above code with complete url's doesnt let me put a picture in my signature?

Angry

Copy and paste the original code, and use the CODE tag.

I'm not sure how anyone can help when your example code wouldn't work in the first place.
I like the way you think!
...But please stop thinking, it's not you.
<align=center] [/align]

(replace < with [)

@IceSage, the Code tag is for posting code, it won't execute the code.
(September 27, 2010 at 3:47 am)theVOID Wrote: <align=center] [/align]

(replace < with [)

@IceSage, the Code tag is for posting code, it won't execute the code.

Exactly, he wants us to analyze the code. So he should use the CODE tag to do this.

Code:
[align=center][/align]

See? No need to replace anything. I meant like, instead of him putting spaces and removing the IMG url, etc, he should post the code properly in the CODE tag so we can see what he's trying to post.

Although, I guess you answered the question anyway.
I like the way you think!
...But please stop thinking, it's not you.
I thought you were telling him to put the html code in between the [code] tags Tongue
No no no, when i add the image url's and remove the spaces all it does is highlight the url itself and not dispay the .jpg url as an image. I added the spaces because it was the only way to display the entire code to show you what i'm doing or doing wrong!

I was thinking that adding images that way is disabled on this forum, because the code work perfectly on other places, then I saw a handful of people with banner images themselves so it seems to work, but not in the way i'm used to doing it.

so that this

[center ][URL = generic website url, youtube perhaps ][IMG ] generic picture url, imageshack [ / img][/ URL ]

becomes simply this when written without the spaces

[center][IMG] generic picture url, imageshack [/img]
*facepalm*

Code:
[align= center][img]IMAGE URLl[/img][/align]

I don't know if the [center] tag even works, but if it did you would still need to close it with [/center]
(September 27, 2010 at 4:25 am)theVOID Wrote: *facepalm*

Code:
[align= center][img]IMAGE URLl[/img][/align]

I don't know if the [center] tag even works, but if it did you would still need to close it with [/center]

I got it now thank you lol the problem was trying to imbed a youtube vid on there as well, I still can't see a way of doing that on here.

Tiger

Evidently.. coding and scripting is not one of my strengths.
You just need to paste the url and the forum recognizes it as a video link and auto embeds it.

If that doesn't work you can try the antiquated [youtube] tags, but there should be no reason to do so.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Banner change Foxaèr 20 2149 December 10, 2015 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  avatars: pics vs. favorite images drfuzzy 2 831 September 19, 2015 at 11:28 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Quick question for images Dystopia 1 689 July 5, 2014 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Facebook users get graphics images in spam attack Justtristo 1 1189 November 15, 2011 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko