Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LinkedIN
LinkedIN
Yoiks!

Everyday I get more spammy emails from LinkedIn and it's getting CREEPY now.  People I haven't seen in years are turning up in my inbox and the thought of ALL of them interacting with me and each other is the stuff of nightmares.

Panic
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: LinkedIN
And I get nothing, dick heads.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
and I'm wondering when the 'many worlds' I interact in start intersecting

I am just not a fan of social media . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Yeah, I was getting invites from people I don't know, and closed it out a couple of weeks ago.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I've never used it, but get requests all the time.
LinkedIN
It's supposed to be for professional networking but there is a lot of garbage on it. It's turning into Facebook.
I find it intriguing, but I'm not in the job market, and I like to go by aliases. 

Of course, I AM on ChristianMingle.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(April 24, 2017 at 11:00 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Yoiks!

Everyday I get more spammy emails from LinkedIn and it's getting CREEPY now.  People I haven't seen in years are turning up in my inbox and the thought of ALL of them interacting with me and each other is the stuff of nightmares.

Panic

I 100% agree.  I get requests from people all over the world, most of whom have no relation to my field of work, and none of whom I want to associate with.  I cannot imagine a scenario in which any person would use this site and actually get a job or a useful contact.

(April 24, 2017 at 6:59 pm)c172 Wrote: I find it intriguing, but I'm not in the job market, and I like to go by aliases. 

Of course, I AM on ChristianMingle.

Is there a HorneyCatholicSchoolgirlsMingle?

Cuz that I can get behind.

(April 24, 2017 at 12:41 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: and I'm wondering when the 'many worlds' I interact in start intersecting

I am just not a fan of social media . . . .

When I was 20, I was a junior manager of a sales division (encyclopedias-- nothing really legit or glamorous).  I was also still in a heavy metal band with my long-haired head-banger friends.

Sometimes, the two circles intersected, and I was always really worried about getting my "real life" found out by either group.  But you know what happened?  The headbangers ended up going to cocktail parties and banging intrigued yuppie girls, and the managerial team ended up going to raves, taking enough LSD to make you crazy for life, and fucking every skanky urchin they could get their hands on.  Even the district manager, who was like 45, ended up sneaking into a warehouse with us and having pot-fueled forklift races.

I miss the 90s so much QQ.

But i wonder. . . maybe social media, if used properly, could be an opportunity for exciting new connections and epic new levels of debauchery. Now, I don't know vorlon from a hole in the ground, but I'm pretty sure you're not at odds with any level of debauchery, amirite? Big Grin
debauchery, a significant part of a well balanced life

btw I was online with Microsoft customer support-- the real corporate one, not the shit "How do I use hotmail" one. So the attendant was this Indian girl. . . smart, though, not just reading from a script. She could read my C# code and see what I was doing to set up my smtp e-mails. She told me the Powershell commands to send an e-mail direct from a command line (gasp! I never knew!), and we figured out that my website hosting service is shit, and Microsoft rocks.

Okay, but that's not my point. I was nice to her. She was nice to me. I heard a little warmth in her voice, like a tonal wink. I'm pretty sure a year from now I'm going to be in India.

My point. . . the site is garbage, but every chance you get to connect with people-- that's a CHANCE to live just a little more. Worth hitting that "reply" button I think. Big Grin