Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hoaxing as movie marketing?!
Hoaxing as movie marketing?!
So, Ridley Scott's new claims are making rounds on news sites of how aliens will wipe us out and that he carries a gun for protecting himself from them. Sure this could easily be seen as Scott's fall from grace, but are not actually seen like that. They are just brushed off as "marketing for his new 'Alien' movie".

It made me think and reflect on this phenomenon. I'm not saying it's dangerous, I just want to reflect on it and maybe we can make some out of it all.

For instance on previous "Alien" movie Scott said "it is illogical  and arrogant of us to think that aliens never visited us in the past"
see the vid if you care https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4sdaFsc9lU

Although he doesn't say it (he's not precise) that kind of worldview of aliens helping ancients comes off as racist. Why is it that they never think aliens helped Europeans to build their buildings like Colosseum in Rome? Only when it comes to pyramids it has to be aliens because if not that would mean Africans /Mesoamericans built them.

Or I remember for the premiere of "The Lovely Bones" Peter Jackson said how he saw a ghost. Actually he made a really elaborate story of the encounter. Really desperate move to save that bomb of a movie.

But one of the most "aggressive" hoaxing in ads was I think in 70s when Columbia Pictures was promoting its UFO blockbuster "Close Encounters Of the Third Kind". Columbia was offering to the major planetariums across the US a 16-mm filmed lecture on UFOs by UFO proponent Dr. J. Allen Hynek and technical adviser to the film.
Also there were those ads (which can be still be found on net) selling necklaces stating "If you wear a Close Encounter, will you have one?" But for some reason they didn't exactly state how that little gimmick is supposed to attract UFOs.
There were reports by FASST - the Forum for the Advancement of Students in Science and Technology - that director  Steven Spielberg has purchased cargo space from NASA on one of its first commercial launches of the Space Shuttle. Just what he planed to send up remained a mystery.
Perhaps most outrages was organising essay contest for students in grades 6 through 12 of what would they ask aliens. Prize was a four-day, all-expenses-paid trip to Hollywood, accompanied by a chaperone and by his or her teacher. The booby prize is a CE3K poster. Also some magazines wrote how Columbia was also providing teachers with UFO "study kits," to help bring UFO fables into the classroom. There was also Close Encounters club, which for just $5 not only brings you a regular newsletter with news of the latest sightings but also makes you eligible to have the account of your very own close encounter published!
And it damaged people! Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory, which didn’t care a fig about UFO sightings, had nonetheless suffered a 200% increase in the number of telephone UFO reports.

Aside from that, there were more other hypes that were later "explained" as promotions for some movie. I mean are we to believe that 2016 clown sightings were promotional stunts for 2017 film adaptation of Stephen King's novel "It", as some papers claimed? Isn't it more like it was for "Charlie Charlie Poetry Challenge" craze (where even Vatican's exorcists chipped in saying that it poses real danger to kids because they are summoning daemons) was tried to be explained as marketing campaign for horror movie "Gallows" but it turned out it was not. The movie just tried to exploit the current craze.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Hoaxing as movie marketing?!
Quote:So, Ridley Scott's new claims are making rounds on news sites of how aliens will wipe us out and that he carries a gun for protecting himself from them.

I wonder what kind of a gun it is. I'm fairly certain that aliens who can cross thousands of light years of interstellar space aren't going to be stymied by a blob of lead being squirted out of the nozzle of a gun. Maybe Scott's been to 'Phasers R Us' or sommat.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I think they're also putting up missing children posters to promote the remake of IT.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(April 30, 2017 at 6:58 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
Quote:So, Ridley Scott's new claims are making rounds on news sites of how aliens will wipe us out and that he carries a gun for protecting himself from them.

I wonder what kind of a gun it is.  I'm fairly certain that aliens who can cross thousands of light years of interstellar space aren't going to be stymied by a blob of lead being squirted out of the nozzle of a gun.  Maybe Scott's been to 'Phasers R Us' or sommat.

Boru

Maybe the gun is for committing harakiri if the next movie is as bad as Prometheus...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I can tell you marketing does work unfortunately. Many blockbuster movies stem from bullshit conspiracy stories real people concoct. "The Amityville Horror" was a bullshit "haunted house" movie based upon the real mass murder of a family. People have claimed since then that the house is haunted. Truth really is that those whom have lived there that liked the attention of the idea of a haunted house sold it. But no, people don't haunt you after they die.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amityville_Horror

"The Exorcist" also a 1970s movie was based upon a priest exorcising a demon out f a women's daughter. The mundane reality , the real truth was it was a parents mistaking mental illness and going to a priest instead of a psychiatrist.

The steps in that famous movie still exist in Georgetown which is district of Washington DC. The real house they used in the movie was in Maryland . Claims or demon possession were rampant even long before so it wasn't one particular claim, but a history of specifically Catholics making these claims over decades, the original influence for this movie, started with the con priest taking advantage of a mentally ill boy's parents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exorcist_(film)

I am not to fond of super natural horror flicks. No, not the ones with monsters like vampires or giant animals, but the ones that people are more likely to buy because of religion, like spirits and demons and poltergeists. I hate those movies because I see lots of people going in thinking those while fictional, are reflections of reality.

Little green men movies bother me too.
Extraterrestrials will be announced soon by the Vatican, or through the Vatican connections. I have a $100 bet with a friend that it will be within the next 4 years. The population is being conditioned for it right now by introducing it through gradualism. If you are attempting to convince someone of subject matter diametrically opposed to their world view, you can't just come out and say it. Right now the Vatican is in control of the world's most powerful telescope on earth in Arizona on Mount Grahm using a device called LUCIFER: Large Binocular Telescope Near-infrared Spectroscopic Utility with Camera and Integral Field Unit for Extragalactic Research). They stole the land from the Apache who said it was a portal and start gate. The vatican actually builds many churches over sacred land one to dominate the region and stamp out other beliefs, but two because there are underground tunnel systems and they excavate and extract the artifacts of the secret human history. On an interview with the engineers LUCIFER is used to locate other planets they believe have life, and is focused on a specific part of the sky looking for Nibiru. The engineer said sometimes they have to wait hours for the UFO's to get out of the way so they can focus on the object they are looking for. They want to be the first ones to see it so they can announce the next stages of the plan for humanity. It's actually really strange what they are preparing for. Likely they will release all the hidden information that's being kept secret about human history to support what they are announcing. It's secret now so they can control the narrative, and even control much of the scientific community through pressure to promote the official version of history which is not the whole truth.
(April 30, 2017 at 3:13 pm)scoobysnack Wrote: Extraterrestrials will be announced soon by the Vatican, or through the Vatican connections. I have a $100 bet with a friend that it will be within the next 4 years. The population is being conditioned for it right now by introducing it through gradualism. If you are attempting to convince someone of subject matter diametrically opposed to their world view, you can't just come out and say it. Right now the Vatican is in control of the world's most powerful telescope on earth in Arizona on Mount Grahm using a device called LUCIFER: Large Binocular Telescope Near-infrared Spectroscopic Utility with Camera and Integral Field Unit for Extragalactic Research). They stole the land from the Apache who said it was a portal and start gate. The vatican actually builds many churches over sacred land one to dominate the region and stamp out other beliefs, but two because there are underground tunnel systems and they excavate and extract the artifacts of the secret human history. On an interview with the engineers LUCIFER is used to locate other planets they believe have life, and is focused on a specific part of the sky looking for Nibiru. The engineer said sometimes they have to wait hours for the UFO's to get out of the way so they can focus on the object they are looking for. They want to be the first ones to see it so they can announce the next stages of the plan for humanity. It's actually really strange what they are preparing for. Likely they will release all the hidden information that's being kept secret about human history to support what they are announcing. It's secret now so they can control the narrative, and even control much of the scientific community through pressure to promote the official version of history which is not the whole truth.

You trust those Johny Come Latelys? 

This is the same Vatican that had to be shown a photo of earth from space to finally officially on paper accept the earth as a globe. I could give a shit less what they own, telescopes exist all over the world, Catholics don't own a patent on science and we are NOT going to be physically visited by little green men.

When scientists talk about finding life the only realistic possibilities would be first finding microbes within our solar system. At best audio communication at best, and even then that is a crap shoot considering just the billions of stars in our galaxy. And even then finding other life would not make the god of Jesus real.

Why do you buy the Catholic conspiracy, say vs the Mayan conspiracy vs the Egyptian conspiracy when it comes to Aliens?
(April 30, 2017 at 3:27 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(April 30, 2017 at 3:13 pm)scoobysnack Wrote: Extraterrestrials will be announced soon by the Vatican, or through the Vatican connections. I have a $100 bet with a friend that it will be within the next 4 years. The population is being conditioned for it right now by introducing it through gradualism. If you are attempting to convince someone of subject matter diametrically opposed to their world view, you can't just come out and say it. Right now the Vatican is in control of the world's most powerful telescope on earth in Arizona on Mount Grahm using a device called LUCIFER: Large Binocular Telescope Near-infrared Spectroscopic Utility with Camera and Integral Field Unit for Extragalactic Research). They stole the land from the Apache who said it was a portal and start gate. The vatican actually builds many churches over sacred land one to dominate the region and stamp out other beliefs, but two because there are underground tunnel systems and they excavate and extract the artifacts of the secret human history. On an interview with the engineers LUCIFER is used to locate other planets they believe have life, and is focused on a specific part of the sky looking for Nibiru. The engineer said sometimes they have to wait hours for the UFO's to get out of the way so they can focus on the object they are looking for. They want to be the first ones to see it so they can announce the next stages of the plan for humanity. It's actually really strange what they are preparing for. Likely they will release all the hidden information that's being kept secret about human history to support what they are announcing. It's secret now so they can control the narrative, and even control much of the scientific community through pressure to promote the official version of history which is not the whole truth.

You trust those Johny Come Latelys? 

This is the same Vatican that had to be shown a photo of earth from space to finally officially on paper accept the earth as a globe. I could give a shit less what they own, telescopes exist all over the world, Catholics don't own a patent on science and we are NOT going to be physically visited by little green men.

When scientists talk about finding life the only realistic possibilities would be first finding microbes within our solar system. At best audio communication at best, and even then that is a crap shoot considering just the billions of stars in our galaxy. And even then finding other life would not make the god of Jesus real.

Why do you buy the Catholic conspiracy, say vs the Mayan conspiracy vs the Egyptian conspiracy when it comes to Aliens?

You are right they don't have a monopoly on science, but through various ways take over, and if it's not them other intel agencies do. Humans are already interacting with extraterrestrials at the highest levels.

The high level science going on is classified and being controlled by military intel across various nations and not known to the public. The science known to the public is lower level. Once that is understood I would think you would seek out what is being researched that is not being published for public consumption. Transgenics for example is lot further along then the public is aware of, to blend species. The Catholic church for over a thousand years has been more than a religion, but also an intelligence gathering organization, and now working with military and national intelligence organizations.

As far as your question, it's all connected, and being suppressed. The military has taken over stargates and portals, while keeping the masses in the dark to control them.

Monsignor Corrado Balducci, the vatican's highest level exorcist spoke openly about UFOs and ET, and even worked sometimes with the highest level satanist in Rome. They are involved in a lot more than the Catholic faith. Before he died he worked with military intel to prepare the world for the announcement that ET are real, and actually live among us, but this still remains classified.
The highest level exorcist worked with the highest level satanist and spoke about UFOs. Got it.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Actually, the story of The Exorcist was based on a real case, and his name was (at least in the literature written about this case) Roland Doe. That said, while we only have the priests' words for it, even one of the priests there admitted that there was still a distinct possibility that Roland was either mentally ill or just making the whole thing up. You can read more in Thomas Allen's Possessed, and while the narrative itself is, of course, dodgy, it's still a cracking good read.

Also, on a side note, since I just rewatched The Exorcist, I should mention this little scene:

Apparently, back in 1973, this scene was actually a lot scarier than many of the possession scenes (seriously, the vomit looked a lot more realistic when it was being poured on people on Nickelodeon), and looking at the Youtube comments, it seems it still is that way. Admittedly, the horrors may have dulled a bit for me after watching every episode of The Knick multiple times through (which has its medical technology about seven decades behind this), but one thing that makes this even more disturbing: the X-Ray technician with the beard actually turned out to be a serial killer.

And no, I'm not just repeating some creepypasta. This is actually part of the historical record. His name was Paul Bateson, and at the time of the film's making, he was an honest-to-Jah X-Ray technician at NYU Medical and got to play himself. However, four years after this film was released, New York's gay community was terrorised by a "Bag murderer" mutilating and dismembering gay men, stuffing their remains in bags and dumping the bags into the Hudson River. Eventually, Variety reporter Addison Verrill was murdered, Bateson was convicted of said murder, and confessed to the murder of the other six victims of the "Bag Murders," though he admitted that he didn't remember doing them. And, surprisingly, William Friedkin, who directed The Exorcist, came back to him and was inspired to come back to a project he had been attached to and would later film. It was called Cruising, and it bombed on release. Bateson was released in 2004. He's still a free man, as far as I can tell.

Back to the OP, I can remember the Blair Witch Project, the film that kicked off the Found Footage Film craze, and really committed to the idea to the extent that they put out information about the real "Blair Witch" and three "filmmakers" that, for a while, everyone seemed to assume that it was real, and at the time, even the IMDb pages for Heather Donahue, Joshua Leonard, and Michael C. Williams all stated they were "missing, presumed dead" sometime around 1994. Of course, when the film actually came out, it turned out to all be fake, but that didn't stop the film from being the most profitable film ever made, making $10,931 for every dollar spent. Simply put: it works.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sigh. "E-Motion" the movie.... yuck. Edwardo Piet 16 2400 October 28, 2016 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas