Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evangelical Landlord
Evangelical Landlord
Holy crap, who would want this guy as a landlord?

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rnr/964514051.html

The ID bracelets is my favorite part.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: Evangelical Landlord
I can't imagine this guy is for real. You must be way out of your mind to make an advert like that.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
That isn't an advert for a room...that's an advert for a prison.
  • There is even a window! Security bars installed for your safety and to prevent unauthorized activity
  • Closed circuit camera installed for security and safety. One in your suite, one at the entrance, and one in the exercise yard.
  • Heat – Maintained at 21 degrees with lock box to prevent unauthorized tampering. Additional heating available for $20.00 per extra degree of heating per month. You may not use your oven to heat the apartment. If you do, you will be fined $50.00 per occurrence.
  • Wireless internet (with content filter applied to block forbidden/immoral websites)
  • You do not participate in lascivious deviant sexual behavior
  • You do not choose alternative lifestyles as your lifestyle
  • You do not smoke, drink or take drugs. Mandatory drug screening required.
  • Wake up will be at 5:30am each morning. All ceiling lights in the suite will be turned on automatically.
  • Ceiling lights in the suite will be turned off at 11:30pm.
I mean...come on.
(December 23, 2008 at 8:41 pm)Tiberius Wrote: That isn't an advert for a room...that's an advert for a prison.
  • There is even a window! Security bars installed for your safety and to prevent unauthorized activity
  • Closed circuit camera installed for security and safety. One in your suite, one at the entrance, and one in the exercise yard.
  • Heat – Maintained at 21 degrees with lock box to prevent unauthorized tampering. Additional heating available for $20.00 per extra degree of heating per month. You may not use your oven to heat the apartment. If you do, you will be fined $50.00 per occurrence.
  • Wireless internet (with content filter applied to block forbidden/immoral websites)
  • Wake up will be at 5:30am each morning. All ceiling lights in the suite will be turned on automatically.
  • Ceiling lights in the suite will be turned off at 11:30pm.
I mean...come on.

And what's even more ridiculous is that apparently, given the title, people have applied. X_x
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
I'd reply simply to go with as much atheist stuff on my person as I could.
Please tell me this is a joke !
I'm wondering who I would prefer between this guy or a nazi as landlord.

Quote:• You are employed
• You do not have any criminal history
• You must have excellent character references

And I thought christianity was about tolerance...
(December 23, 2008 at 7:26 pm)Eilonnwy Wrote: Holy crap, who would want this guy as a landlord?

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rnr/964514051.html

The ID bracelets is my favorite part.

That's gotta be a wind-up!

Kyu
I think it's a hoax from that jackass or punk'd guys. But nevertheless it is a good reason to vent some abhorrance from evangelical mind control.

• You are employed > His wife is not employed herself.
• You do not participate in lascivious deviant sexual behavior > These mental anomalies having sex is deviant enough for me or did their children spontanuously arise from the vacuum of their minds? Also, demand a HIV-test from both.
• You do not choose alternative lifestyles as your lifestyle > Then what are they doing? Mainstream fascism still is fascism.
• You do not have any criminal history > Claiming the control over mind and body of others is illegal as hell, they're re-doing the life and work of Jozef Fritzl. Exposing kids to this level of mental abuse and fascistic indoctrination is child abuse. Immediate incarceration for both.
• You must have excellent character references > Compared to what? A bunch of radical fundamentalistic, narcistic, evangelicals with an insatiable urge to monitor their tennants as if they are god himself? On which planet do they mean, planet of the mental apes?
• You do not smoke, drink or take drugs. Mandatory drug screening required. > To get this far some chemicals in the brain must have gone really sour. Demand a lobotomy from these dangerous guys before even considering to not jail them.
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Really need advice regarding my Landlord not paying Property Tax MJ the Skeptical 34 6969 June 19, 2015 at 11:41 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger