Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Carolina Republicans vote to cut funding from School Districts that voted Dem.
North Carolina Republicans vote to cut funding from School Districts that voted Dem.
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politic...97682.html

I'm so glad I don't live in North Carolina.  It's making every other place look sensible with all the insane things their government has been doing lately.  Cutting funding to needy schools purely on the basis of political bullshittery is... well probably sadly not a new low for the Republican Party.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
RE: North Carolina Republicans vote to cut funding from School Districts that voted Dem.
They're willing to cut funding for schools and nutritious food for disadvantaged children for political payback.

scum.
RE: North Carolina Republicans vote to cut funding from School Districts that voted Dem.
Gotta bumb 'em down somehow. Otherwise they'll keep voting Democrat.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(May 14, 2017 at 8:53 pm)Industrial Lad Wrote: They're willing to cut funding for schools and nutritious food for disadvantaged children for political payback.

scum.

This is what I've been saying.
As I recall, there is a general inverse correlation between funding and achievement.

So why are we complaining about this again ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

You'd think if they really thought going republican was the smart answer, they'd want those dem voters to be more educated. Not less.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(May 14, 2017 at 11:19 pm)Chad32 Wrote: You'd think if they really thought going republican was the smart answer, they'd want those dem voters to be more educated. Not less.

I think we're both giving the Rethugs too much credit. Big Grin
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(May 14, 2017 at 11:17 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: As I recall, there is a general inverse correlation between funding and achievement.

So why are we complaining about this again ?

Because you're wrong.  There's no inverse correlation between funding and achievement, and suggesting there is would be dumb.  Especially because you can't keep good teachers with poor funding.  Not to mention equipment and training.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
I note school spending was at a historical maximum in 2016 and look what happened 11/8
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 15, 2017 at 1:02 am)vorlon13 Wrote: I note school spending was at a historical maximum in 2016 and look what happened 11/8

Yes, all those 5th graders voted Trump in by a landslide.....

Oh wait.

Educated kids take time to become educated adults. And education did not affect who voted for that ass, sadly, nor did income. Thats just an excuse.
https://www.thenation.com/article/econom...acism-did/

Spending alone is never the answer, but cutting spending to programs proven to help, and only cutting those programs in areas of your opponents constituants, is criminal.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  North & South Korea conflict neil 13 716 January 16, 2024 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade FlatAssembler 764 26757 July 18, 2023 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  God hates republicans Anomalocaris 1 238 October 9, 2022 at 11:06 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Oakland School Shooting onlinebiker 99 5797 December 7, 2021 at 8:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Not All US Republicans Are Against Illegal Immigration BrianSoddingBoru4 4 526 June 27, 2020 at 9:37 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Government to pay pastors' salaries with relief funding Foxaèr 7 571 April 9, 2020 at 9:09 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Republicans are scared of Trump despite knowing he is guilty Prime Time 0 284 February 10, 2020 at 5:21 am
Last Post: Prime Time
  Impeachment Vote Predictions onlinebiker 28 2198 February 9, 2020 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Denver Radio Host wishes for "Nice School Shooting" to interrupt Impeachment Divinity 17 1348 December 20, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  House REpublicans Illegally Holed up in SCIF Room Divinity 21 1385 October 27, 2019 at 4:35 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace