Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poor countries.
Poor countries.
I'm from one of the poorest country in EU. Alcoholism and other addictions are at severe levels. Like in Russia, which is near by the atrophy of economy goes as far as that even roads aren't maintained properly. Without religion, I doubt that things would get better.
RE: Poor countries.
How will religion help?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(May 26, 2017 at 12:37 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: How will religion help?

"Painkill" with promises. I think, its not the worst stuff in bad economy.
Quote:Alcoholism and other addictions are at severe levels. Like in Russia, which is near by the atrophy of economy goes as far as that even roads aren't maintained properly.

You've just described large parts of the US.... and religion runs rampant here so clearly it is not a curative.
(May 26, 2017 at 12:48 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Alcoholism and other addictions are at severe levels. Like in Russia, which is near by the atrophy of economy goes as far as that even roads aren't maintained properly.

You've just described large parts of the US.... and religion runs rampant here so clearly it is not a curative.
Yep sounds a lot like the rural northern US I live in.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
OP: Who is financing the religion? 

Is that religion supplying any aid to the poor other than magic promises?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
There's not much where I live. If you demolished the Churches for building material and took the tithes, we'd have one hell of a rec center, funded for quite some time.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
Unless it combats the problems, it's simply delusional dead weight on a societal level.
While the individual may feel more at ease with an unsupported unlikely claim as bedrock, on a larger scale it simply helps the people accept crap rather than try and change it.
Fuck poor people!
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Atheism Replaces Religion In Developed Countries Interaktive 33 5943 April 26, 2018 at 8:57 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  It's illegal to be atheist in these 13 countries dyresand 24 10135 April 20, 2015 at 5:10 am
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
  Atheism in developing countries watchamadoodle 6 2259 February 16, 2015 at 10:09 am
Last Post: Dystopia
  13 Countries Where Atheism Is Punishable by Death Zidneya 63 14184 September 23, 2014 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Challenging Atheism (Poor christians) DarkHorse 6 2180 February 21, 2014 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Medicine isn't for poor people BrokenQuill92 7 2016 January 31, 2014 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Darth
  My poor mom ThePinsir 22 4169 January 21, 2014 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Why Atheism Replaces Religion In Developed Countries Judas BentHer 51 21259 August 13, 2011 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Salty Amy
  Poor uneducated unintelligent aheists Whirling Moat 124 31276 May 24, 2011 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  I sometimes doubt my countries sanity. leo-rcc 108 60582 September 19, 2009 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: AtheistPhil