Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Leftovers
The Leftovers
I think it was a member of this forum who first introduced me to the show.

I cannot remember who you are, but I kept up with watching the show.

Currently, I am watching the next to last episode, with next Sunday's episode being the end of the series altogether.

If you read this, if you're still part of this forum, let me know who you are so that I can thank you for introducing me to a wonderful show.

For those who are unfamiliar with the show, it is not about refrigerator leftovers.

Rather, the leftovers are the people who were left behind on earth after a percentage of the world's population disappeared without a trace.

It is a show that delves deeply into the mind of religion without seeming overly religious in the process.

I am eagerly awaiting to see how they end it.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: The Leftovers
I think I may have seen a couple of episodes. I know I have the first season somewhere at home.

Recommended?
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 28, 2017 at 10:53 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I think I may have seen a couple of episodes.  I know I have the first season somewhere at home.

Recommended?

Very much so. It's ending with season three, so it won't be hard to catch up on it.
~ Erin Hunter
Haven't watched the series, but I have read the book, by Tom Perrotta. It was quite good, and I feel like I should watch the series. Maybe when the DVD is actually available at my local library (it's currently on the holdshelf with 2 more holds).
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(May 28, 2017 at 10:54 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Haven't watched the series, but I have read the book, by Tom Perrotta. It was quite good, and I feel like I should watch the series. Maybe when the DVD is actually available at my local library (it's currently on the holdshelf with 2 more holds).

I should probably give the book a read.

You could use the same site I use for watching shows. I'll PM you the link.
~ Erin Hunter
The following sentence is my personal interpretation of the television series ending:

The ending was about living in the here and now without wondering/worrying about what's on the other side of life.
~ Erin Hunter