Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump administration looking at privatizing infrastructure
Trump administration looking at privatizing infrastructure
President Donald Trump's administration this week touted an infrastructure plan that would sell off public assets to private financial firms. Left unsaid in the White House promotional materials was any mention that the Trump aide who is overseeing the initiative comes from a Wall Street firm that says it is seeking to buy up the very same kind of assets the Trump administration plans to sell off.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/how-gar...man-sachs/
RE: Trump administration looking at privatizing infrastructure
Meh., fuck em, they think that government is a business. Right off the bat that ought to establish the idiocy of their creds.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
If this happens plan on paying double at the toll booths and having more toll booths installed.
Triple.  The WLB will want his cut, too.
What cut, better businessmen are looking to get the deal for themselves, they'll just cut his dumb ass out.  The WLB will be left holding the consequences, not the assets.

Politicians make this mistake constantly, imagining that they're outsmarting the lobbyists who are paid to shit all over them. They don't realize that they're the fall guy. Their grift is whatever pittance is allowed to them in order to satisfy the conditions of their complicity in a much, much larger theft.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
It's harvest time for the moneylenders!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(May 29, 2017 at 10:15 pm)Industrial Lad Wrote: If this happens plan on paying double at the toll booths and having more toll booths installed.

Plan on all the engineers maintaining the roads, the electricty infrastructure, the dams, the sewerage, the railways and all the other necessary stuff being fired, in favour of paying the maintenance money to executives as bonii.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Is the cost of the average legal settlement in the event of bridge collapse lesser than, or greater than, the price of required maintenance on said bridge?  Is the rate of occurence of bridge collapse lesser or greater than the expected sufficient lifetime of said maintenance?

Rolleyes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Head of WHO plays the "Race Card." Can you guess if he's black looking? Duty 9 736 April 14, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Trump administration backs Asian-American students in Harvard admissions lawsuit Alexmahone 26 2960 April 8, 2018 at 12:18 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  FBI looking at potential transfers from Russian banker to NRA Gawdzilla Sama 17 2266 January 19, 2018 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump Administration bans CDC from using terms like "Science Based" and "Transgender" Cecelia 38 4882 December 20, 2017 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Billy and Katey looking at #3 vorlon13 19 3940 September 12, 2017 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Very suspicious-looking "suicide" in Ohio Regina 10 2033 May 26, 2016 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  VA Scandal Rocks Obama Administration A Theist 55 10966 May 26, 2014 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Chas