Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this happen to anyone else on AF? (Chrome on Android)
Does this happen to anyone else on AF? (Chrome on Android)
Some buttons - the Edit one in particular - simply don't work on AF for me browsing AF on Chrome in Android.

This doesn't happen all the time, but quite frequently. I don't know of a workaround, and it's happened on multiple Android versions on several devices.

I can't be the only one. Anyone know of a way to fix it or a workaround?
RE: Does this happen to anyone else on AF? (Chrome on Android)
Buy a real computer.

Big Grin
I have several, ya old fuck.
Are you sure you're using a computer?

There's lots of chrome on a microwave?

I'll get my coat...

PS, just tried in on my tablet ...all good here Dunno
Both quick edit and full edit worked first time...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I use my android tablet and chrome browser without an issue. I'm sorry CD, I am no help.

Maybe just try a different browser? James says there is one that is like chrome, made by the opera team? But he can't recall the name. He'll look out up and I'll share that when he does.

Edited to add he can't find the one he was thinking of, and says to maybe try Firefox.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Ugh, I have and loathe Firefox already but I will give it a try.
I've never had an issue with Chrome on Marshmallow or Nougat. I can't recreate it now.

The 'Rate User' button still doesn't work, but all of the other buttons work for me.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
1) open Chrome

2) renuberate the flindex, and parse on vidler 2

3) query the host for monotonicity, and stack the Monday parameter

Easy as 1-2-3
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Well it's working - for now - on Firefox. Then again, it's transient on Chime, so I'll see.

Steel, are you using the mobile theme? I'm using desktop. Hmm...I bet not that many are using the desktop them on a handset. It's really strange, my recollection is that I've had this problem on and off since Lollipop? (I'm on whatever 7.mumble is) across several Nexus phones, a LG and a craptastic HTC.

Doesn't make sense to me. Gotta be a PEBKAC problem unless someone's been gaslighting me for years. Thinking
(June 1, 2017 at 10:56 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I've never had an issue with Chrome on Marshmallow or Nougat. I can't recreate it now.

The 'Rate User' button still doesn't work, but all of the other buttons work for me.

BTW, how do you rep whore without a working Rate User button?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is anyone else having issues loading the forum? Losty 19 2404 June 14, 2016 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Problem posting with Android 4.2 God of Mr. Hanky 12 3051 February 4, 2016 at 3:22 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Why does this happen Napoléon 22 4138 May 4, 2014 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Cyberman