Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:29 am

Poll: Will a nuke be dropped in your life?
This poll is closed.
Yes
35.29%
6 35.29%
No
64.71%
11 64.71%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will there be a nuclear strike in your lifetime?
Will there be a nuclear strike in your lifetime?
Do you think  there will be an instance of nuclear weapons being used in an act of war in your lifetime? What would happen to the world if Seoul was nuked? Los Angeles?
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
RE: Will there be a nuclear strike in your lifetime?
(June 3, 2017 at 11:45 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Do you think  there will be an instance of nuclear weapons being used in an act of war in your lifetime? What would happen to the world if Seoul was nuked? Los Angeles?

I should hope so.  a country that could put a trump in charge of half of the world's nuclear arsenal deserves to have every last nuclear weapon in the world's arsenal used upon it.
(June 3, 2017 at 11:51 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(June 3, 2017 at 11:45 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Do you think  there will be an instance of nuclear weapons being used in an act of war in your lifetime? What would happen to the world if Seoul was nuked? Los Angeles?

I should hope so.  a country that could put a trump in charge of half of the world's nuclear arsenal deserves to every last nuclear weapon in the world's arsenal used upon it.

You can't possibly mean that.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
I don't think it will happen in the next 20 years.
If Sth Korea was nuked, Hyundai will not have to worry about that employee who got her period because they would have all shat themselves instead.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

I should hope so.  a country that could put a trump in charge of half of the world's nuclear arsenal deserves to have every last nuclear weapon in the world's arsenal used upon it.

That's the second time I've seen you wish a violent death upon someone. You are an angry, angry man.

@OP I would sincerely hope not, since once that taboo's broken it opens up a nasty precedent for further use pretty quickly. But I have a sneaking suspicion it will happen.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
The danger is very real. The rationale for using the first two was to lessen the attrition rate of U.S. soldiers in ending the war with Japan. I don't see why that rationale would never be used again.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Staggeringly stupid thing to say.
(June 4, 2017 at 8:54 am)Iroscato Wrote:
(June 3, 2017 at 11:51 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: I should hope so.  a country that could put a trump in charge of half of the world's nuclear arsenal deserves to have every last nuclear weapon in the world's arsenal used upon it.

That's the second time I've seen you wish a violent death upon someone. You are an angry, angry man.

@OP I would sincerely hope not, since once that taboo's broken it opens up a nasty precedent for further use pretty quickly. But I have a sneaking suspicion it will happen.

The irony is I am really a cheerful, pleasant man who wakes up every morning with lively anticipation of thoroughly enjoying the wonderful possibilities president trump opened up for all mankind that few would have dared to dream about in the dark days when responsible government appear to have hijacked our future, "fact" is restricted to one useless meaning, manmade climate catastrophy threaten to slip from our fingers, and even nuclear armageddon turned its back on humanity in disgust.
You're an asshole.
I don't know. I think it says something that America is the only country who has ever launched one. I don't know if we'll wind up launching another, but we do seem to like starting an getting involved in wars.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New York City's video on how to survive a nuclear attack. Jehanne 50 2686 January 12, 2023 at 1:12 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  There's social distancing, and then there's SOCIAL DISTANCING!!!!! Gawdzilla Sama 8 777 March 24, 2020 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  William Perry's nuclear nightmare Excited Penguin 1 930 April 2, 2016 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: Jello
  If a Nuclear bomb were dropped.... CapnAwesome 53 5977 February 1, 2016 at 9:17 am
Last Post: GUBU
  The "strike" and my personal opinion Foxaèr 36 5084 April 16, 2015 at 2:27 am
Last Post: DeadChannel
  Does the prospect of nuclear disaster still frighten anyone these days? Mudhammam 68 7791 March 23, 2015 at 2:12 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Pharyngula on strike leo-rcc 11 2981 July 23, 2010 at 4:32 am
Last Post: leo-rcc
Sad My Parents Strike Again littlegrimlin1 53 12525 November 17, 2009 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: littlegrimlin1